• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.2 tires

Dude

Moabs? or Masher 2k's?

So far in the wet the Moabs pack with mud fast but do still want to grip the rock. With wet and rock, no dirt, only they will dry out quick with some wheel speed and grip good. In the dry the Moab will do really good.

I am going to try a set of M2k's narrowed and standard width. I think this will be the wet set up for a tire, and maybe dry? who knows, I will have to compare the 2 when it drys out.

Dude said:
Moabs? or Masher 2k's?

So far in the wet the Moabs pack with mud fast but do still want to grip the rock. With wet and rock, no dirt, only they will dry out quick with some wheel speed and grip good. In the dry the Moab will do really good.

I am going to try a set of M2k's narrowed and standard width. I think this will be the wet set up for a tire, and maybe dry? who knows, I will have to compare the 2 when it drys out.

I have been really happy with my masher 2k's. But I need to narrow them now,lol..

Between the 2 I find myself tending to favor my mashers 2k's abit more. On dry slick rock the moabs might shine but hard to beat the oldie :cool:

I am cuting up the Moabs tonight, stay tuned. :D

and I am mounting up a set of these, on some bling bling rims.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 109
I havent tried cutting any 2.2's yet because the standard masher 2k's work so well on narrowed rims. I trimmed the center lugs of my moabs but so far have been dissappointed with them.

if ya mount up the 2.2 Moabs like I do they work really good, after the cut who knows. :D
I have some 40 series Moabs that I haven't found a way I would like to run them yet on the 1/8th tuber.

Yeah I need to get a new set to try your idea. Mine have been glued to 4 different sets of rims so I think the bead would be gone if I removed them again :haha:.

One thing I have noticed with the narrowed wheels is they really wanna pull the bead off alot easier. I thought about narrowing the tires but I am going to stick with my theory of a wider tire (crossover from my 1:1 experiance). Plus my beadlock rings should be here in a couple days..

WOW, they have beadlocks for these little rigs??????? Thats cool. :clappy:

They need working winches now. Oh wait, thats your hand or the toe of your shoe right. :redneck:

heep70 said:
WOW, they have beadlocks for these little rigs??????? Thats cool. :clappy:

They need working winches now. Oh wait, thats your hand or the toe of your shoe right. :redneck:

Mine are just add on rings for a standard wheel. But they do have full awn alum. beadlocks for like $170 a set ...

And a few guys have taken and used servo's for a winch.lol

Beadlocks are only $120 for the aluminum ones :redneck: but there is another guy who is making delrin ones which are sweet and willbe cheaper when he gets done testing.

heep70 said:
Oh, well that ain't that bad. Those rings sure ain't cheap though.
Wheeling isn't cheap either. :hi: :haha:

you can do tires and wheels for a Rc crawler for $65, a little more for a big truck.

Dude said:
if ya mount up the 2.2 Moabs like I do they work really good, after the cut who knows. :D
I have some 40 series Moabs that I haven't found a way I would like to run them yet on the 1/8th tuber.

How is it that you mount your Moab's? I could probably go search RCC for it, but I figured this was a chance to get some tech stuff on here.

Thanks,
Todd

i have a set of narrowed moabs, and regular moabs, i love em both, but maybe i don't know **** and the masher 2ks are the way to go? HA, anyways anyone know of how the swamp dawgs and claw dawgs do against the moabs?