• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.4L 2RZ into a 1st gen With 22r

gh3

Im wondering if anyone has done this swap. motor mounts seem to be the same.

Intake, Exhaust and starter are all on oppsite sides. Does advanced adapters make an adapter. Or do I need to get a transmission out of the same year of truck as the 2rz.

And no thornbirds dont rock.

Last edited:
2.4 from a two wheel drive truck 2.7 from a 4x4 truck. Less than 10 HP differenance. I'm pretty sure you can just use the taco bellhousing. The slave cylinder will be on the left side but it don't matter.
Going to be doing this same swap as soon as I find a deal on a engine.

Whats the biggest problem that you run into doing the swap. and is it worth it. my 22r runs good right now.

Motor mounts, exhaust is on the passenger side.

I have done it 2 ways with the motor mounts. Retain the tilt to the motor and run the motor verticle.

Motor mounts, exhaust is on the passenger side.

I have done it 2 ways with the motor mounts. Retain the tilt to the motor and run the motor verticle.

I'm confused. What do you mean. I am also wanting to do this to my rig. I'd love more info on this swap

Pretty easy swap jason. If you find a engine make sure to get the bellhousing also. Like I said I'll be doing this as soon as I find a deal on a engine.
Or you could do a 3.4 also easy swap. I will be doing the 3.4 with a supercharger swap. I all ready have all the parts and will be doing it this summer in my 89.