• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2 stroke oil

"S"-box

the other day I heard some talk of a guy burning diesel fuel with a bit of 2 stroke oil in his truck. whats the trick to this? is the 2 stroke oil idea to lube something, or what? I can't imagine it would be any good for all the new rig emissions? help splain this to me!:eeek:

seems like a lot o werk for helping lube a pump? what about the fuel itself? isn't it enuf ? diesel-fuel-OIL? wtf:corn:

and back to one of the origional questions, gotta add to the emissions bullshit plugg factor, right?

Diesel fags like oil.

Oil for this, oil for that, additives for this, additives for that etc.

Plus another oil being burned is more chance of more smoke, big bonus boner for button builders.

I should market sum chit called "big soot additive" and get rich.

I ran/run it in my '04 dirtymax. It makes it run smoother and a little quieter.

Also helps get rid of the occasional "surge" mine has (which I believe now is a failing injector with another "under preforming").

Cheap band-aid I guess you could say. But it does make a noticeable difference in the over all "noise" of the engine. I noticed no other ill effect, and it passed King County emissions with no issues.

No extra smoke (I'm not a smoke person, I think its dumb for the most part), no extra smell. Supposed to help lube the pump, and since my engine was designed for fuel before it all became "ultra-low sulfur", (which was a lubricant) I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I buy/bought it at Walmart in the Gallon jug (like $15). Added like 8 oz per fill-up and everything seemed happy. Only reason I don't run it now is I ran out and haven't taken the time to get anymore. Walmart's not a normal place I shop :redneck:

Last edited:
yah sounds :rb: to me! wondered if it had some mistery performance adding capabilities or some ****?

Also helps get rid of the occasional "surge" mine has (which I believe now is a failing injector with another "under preforming").

Cheap band-aid I guess you could say. But it does make a noticeable difference in the over all "noise" of the engine. I noticed no other ill effect, and it passed King County emissions with no issues.

No extra smoke (I'm not a smoke person, I think its dumb for the most part), no extra smell. Supposed to help lube the pump, and since my engine was designed for fuel before it all became "ultra-low sulfur", (which was a lubricant) I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I buy/bought it at Walmart in the Gallon jug (like $15). Added like 8 oz per fill-up and everything seemed happy. Only reason I don't run it now is I ran out and haven't taken the time to get anymore. Walmart's not a normal place I shop :redneck:

weird , I wonder why it makes it quieter. you would think that adding more oil would lessen the actual volatility of the fuel? not the case huh?

The new fuel sucks. No lubracation properties in the fuel. Hard on pumps and injectors. A little additive will save you bucks down the road.

The new fuel sucks. No lubracation properties in the fuel. Hard on pumps and injectors. A little additive will save you bucks down the road.

This...:awesomework: 2stroke oil in moderation will help immensely with lubricity in the fuel without hurting emissions...rule of thumb is approx 2 oz oil per 20 gallons fuel, more than ample to bring the lubricity quality back into the fuel...

yep makes a huge diferance in wear on internal injector and cp3parts on pre ulsd trucks.

mark: if it helps a surge issue, its probably due to a sticky FCA. grab a bottle of Howes Meaner Cleaner, dump half of a bottle in on 1/2 tank, drive it like you stole it, pour the remainder in when ya top off, continue to drive hard. trust me, you will feel the diferance when done.

From what I've heard the newer common rails don't like 2 stroke oil. I'm afraid to put any into my 05 CTD.

03-early 07's love it! the cp3 pump and injector bodys were built to be lubed by the fuel. 90% of that lubrication came from the sulfur in the fuel. late in 07 the government mandated ulsf fuel be in the pumps, in early 08 i started seeing injector failures, sticking fca's in the cp3 etc 1oz:10gal added takes care of the issue.
and yes, useing it in late 07-new trucks can cause it to regen more often, put a programer on there, kill the emissions, add the oil, truck will be much more happy.

03-early 07's love it! the cp3 pump and injector bodys were built to be lubed by the fuel. 90% of that lubrication came from the sulfur in the fuel. late in 07 the government mandated ulsf fuel be in the pumps, in early 08 i started seeing injector failures, sticking fca's in the cp3 etc 1oz:10gal added takes care of the issue.
and yes, useing it in late 07-new trucks can cause it to regen more often, put a programer on there, kill the emissions, add the oil, truck will be much more happy.

This...:awesomework:

the other day I heard some talk of a guy burning diesel fuel with a bit of 2 stroke oil in his truck. whats the trick to this? is the 2 stroke oil idea to lube something, or what? I can't imagine it would be any good for all the new rig emissions? help splain this to me!:eeek:

Just helps lube the pump. GM recommends using stanadyne additive but I never push it as I have seen so few failed pumps.

Surge isn't from an injector....

Surge isn't from an injector....
I've been told FPR. Last time I had it up they checked it, the reading was "low", but the diesel tech wasn't concirned as he said he's seen lots of truck run just fine with the readings mine had. I don't remember (or if he even told me) what it was compared to what it "should" be.

hmm, maybe I should bring it your way and pay you to play with it for and hour or so. You can tell me all the things "wrong" with it :haha: