• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2005 TJ 4.0 Throttle Problem

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
I have been chasing a problem for a while. 2005 TJ Rubicon 4.0 six speed. When any temp controls are on that involve the AC compressor (Defrost and AC) the engine will surge up about 500-700 rpms no matter where the throttle is. When just regular heat is on there is no surge in throttle. This is not the normal surge when the AC Compressor kicks in, my Jeep literally takes off and speeds up for about 5 seconds. When it is at idle it will do the reverse and almost go dead and then surge back up.

I have cleaned idle air control sensor and the little canister near the brake master cylinder. I have cleaned the throttle body. Thought about throwing a TPS at it, but since it only does it when the AC compressor is involved I don't think that is it. There is NO check engine light.

Thanks for any input.

Found the problem. The wireloom is rotten and falling apart on the harness going to the TPS and IAC. The wires have been rubbing on the intake manifold. Little electrical tape and all is right again. I will fix it with new wires and wireloom later.

Found the problem. The wireloom is rotten and falling apart on the harness going to the TPS and IAC. The wires have been rubbing on the intake manifold. Little electrical tape and all is right again. I will fix it with new wires and wireloom later.

no you won't :fawkdancesmiley: