• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2010 Cummins 6.7L

tobyw

Have a family member looking for a DD/tow rig, and has found a 2010 Ram 3500 with the 6.7L Cummins and 6-speed. It's a 4wd crew cab short bed single rear wheel truck, but that's about all I know... Anything major to watch out for with this drivetrain/era of Ram trucks?

How many miles? Is it deleted? If it's not deleted I would assume he would want to have that done asap. Fuel economy sucked on those in stock form and after 5-6 years of driving I'm sure it's good and plugged up. Once deleted and tuned he will need a clutch. If non of these things are done, budget for about $5000 for parts and labor. And just like all dodges, if it has 100k on it, it will need all new front axle parts, u joints, ball joints, track bar...

Good info, thanks.

Apparently it's got about 125k on it and appears to be bone stock, but I haven't seen it myself. No idea if it's been returned to stock at time of trade in (it's on a dealer lot) or anything like that??

Good info, thanks.

Apparently it's got about 125k on it and appears to be bone stock, but I haven't seen it myself. No idea if it's been returned to stock at time of trade in (it's on a dealer lot) or anything like that??

If it's on a dealer lot legally it has to have all the emissions gear on it, they can't sell em tampered with.

My ex-wife bought a used Duramax from Sunset that had the EGR & DPF deleted and a H&S tuner installed. Sunset had no ****ing clue what they were looking at when they took it in trade apparently. She really lucked out.

If it's on a dealer lot legally it has to have all the emissions gear on it, they can't sell em tampered with.

They can sell them, just don't offer a warranty

They can both sell them, and offer a warranty. The warranty will not replace missing parts, nor will it cover failures due to modifications. However, non-modified components will still be fully covered. The federal Moss-Magnuson act is important to know, if you're dealing with modifications to your vehicle while under warranty.

Yeah, the ex had a big ordeal with hers. She got an extended warranty but the dealer said it was void unless she removed the tuner. She took the truck back to have it removed and after almost 2 hrs they realized when they removed the tuner the check engine like came on. That's when they noticed all the parts missing. They ended up putting in writing that the warranty was valid and if the truck fails emissions withing a stated amt of years they will fix it for free. :redneck: Pretty good negotiating.