• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2011 F350 w/6.7 diesel questions? Good deal?'s Issues?

trailyota

I have an 04 Duramax that I love, however we need more room. We're seriously considering a 2011 F350 SRW crew with the new designed 6.7 diesel. We test drove a few, some lifted some not. All drove great wouldn't hesitate, but want some feedback.

For the techs out there.
-Any issues with this engine
-Any issues with the transmission.
-Drive train issues or anything else.

For the owners
-Likes, dislikes, what would you get/spare.
-mileage
-upgrades
-What's a good deal for a crew lariat fx4 model fully loaded, or what's your rigs stats and price paid w/packages.

--Anyone haul an Arctic Fox 990 with the SRW version? Thoughts on that too.

For the haters of the Powerstroke
-just keep the BS to yourself or the chit chat---Thanks.:beer:

Too new to tell. You want good feedback wait about a year or two. If they are in the shop already then they obviously have an issue. But I haven't seen any in my shop for other than an oil change.

My boss has one and he loves it. He tows his bass boat around with it all over washington and . Plenty of power he says and good mileage.

PM Jeffroadams, he just bought the identical truck you want last month. I love my Dmax and am keeping it but Jeffs truck sure is sweet. And so fawkin quiet at idle it's hard to tell it's a diesel.:cool:

I can't offer any specific info on the truck, but I have a 990 that I've used on a couple SRW trucks.

My advice is get Rancho RSX9000XL shocks front & rear, make sure the truck has a rear swaybar, modify the overload springs so they engage quicker with the truck loaded, and add some air bags to level the truck. Those mods make a HUGE difference. With a SRW truck, you'll be over the load rating of the wheels and tires in the rear, but as long as you're running a quality 10 ply tire like a Toyo you won't have any problems. You can always spend the $3K on 19.5s as well.

I have only had my truck for 3 weeks but so far i love it! It has plenty of power, a defenant difference from the other previous powerstrokes. The six speed auto is pretty kick ass too. I haven't noticed any gear wandering which is nice since my 99 could never decide between 3rd and overdrive around 45- 50.

I haven't used the e locker yet but i don't hate that i have the card to play if needed. No lies from aintstuck either, its quiet, real quit, gasoline quiet.
Mine is a crew cab too, and has plenty of room for kids, carseat, ect.

Also my 4" rancho showed up the other day, pretty bad ass radius arms with that kit. Now i'm just waiting for my black xd addict wheels with 37" mtr's to show and i can shake that stock grandpa look.

let me know if you have any specific ?'s

We have a few in the fleet. They have good power and much better throttle response then the 6.0 or 6.4. We have not had any problems yet but it is too soon to tell. The engine compartment is sure cramped they look like a real pain to work on.

my boss bought one right before the snow came down and i drove it around most of the time and the thing does awesome with a plow on it, no turbo lag lots of power and super compfy to drive. if i remember right it had some kind of factory lockers or somthin like that, hard to remember. i had it loaded down with about 5000 pounds and you didnt even know it was on the truck. after driving it around i wanted to go buy one :D.

Thanks for the feedback. Just what I'm looking for. Any Ford techs on here that can give their experience?

haven't seen any in the shop except for oil changes and DEF (diesel exhaust fluid). Really nice trucks with great feedback so far. A buddy of mine is averaging 18 mpg and he beats the **** out of that truck.