• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2012 Arctic Cat WildCat

First impression:

Way plastic feel... "automotive paint" overspray underneath fenders looks like hell... Maybe the production units will look better. I like the stance.. Cockpit feels good. front "fenders" are way gay and stick way out the side...

I'm sure with the extra wheelbase and longer suspension it's gonna be one of the, if not the best at the dunes.. And probably good for hill shoots as long as the break over angle doesn't kill it.. Same belly height as the XP but I think around 1 foot longer wheelbase. The sales guy told us they didn't design it to be the fastest on the market.. but to be the fastest over the bumps. In other words, XP and commander beat it in a drag race.

MUCHADO said:
In other words, XP and commander beat it in a drag race.

Hmmmm.......I dunno.....I don't see how this thing could not be faster. It LOOKS fast.....

I talked to Jeff after the test ride in Barstow. He said no technical/rock riding, just peeling out.

He said it could handle 70 mph limited speed in the full whoops that make anything but the most expensive desert cars check up.

He said the cage design/seats and all are great. He said the top section that looks sketchy can be unbolted and a good full coverage cage will bolt on easily.

He said the rear 5 link looks complicated and it will be hard for aftermarket stuff. He thinks they did not do enough testing in the dirty areas with some of the stuff. He thinks sand and dust it will be fine, but lots of things will be maintenance problems in mud areas.

Overall he loved it, but thinks it is more targeted for dunes and desert

blacksheep10 said:
I need a pic of Kelso from "that 70's show" pointing and screaming "BURN!" with that written on it in my PB account just for every time Luke posts after travis

You mean like this I found in Google images?
images

MUCHADO said:
Wyatt's a resourceful motherfucker :****: no wonder he makes the big bucks :flipoff1:
Google Images "Kelso", 13 lines down. Real resourceful, I worked real hard for that one, almost missed snack time. thumb.gif

Man this thing looks bad ass i bet its alot of fun. I hope someone is getting one soon and post some good and bads. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Me and Gizmo are riding one tomorrow. I will post up what we tear up :driving: I am really looking forward to seeing how well the steering works. I'm going to ride it as hard as they will let me and hope to get a little video.

Gizmo and I :driving: the Shitballs out of a pair of Wildcats today. To say the least.....They are at the top of there class unrivaled in the fast stuff. I have rode the rzr-xp as well and own a rzr-s. There are definitely areas where the rzr's are king, but if you want to go fast(really effin fast) on the trail or just about any other terrain you can think of, this is your machine! I could not get the cat to air out no matter how fast I rode it. The steering was superb and no matter what we hit, or how hard we hit I never felt the steering wheel try to kick out of my hands. The power lacked somewhat due to the demos only having a 45mm throttle body rather than the 50mm it will be coming with. Truthfully it was fast enough as we rode them. The factory models will have 30 more horsepower than the demos... We were also told the clutch-drive mechanism will be a lot different in the production models. This is mainly due to insurance concerns governing the Demo. The AC guys brought 7 wildcats out! This was a suprise to me. I felt for sure they would only have one or two, and there would be a lot of taking turns. They let us ride them all at the same time in a line on the trails. Passing was "somewhat" allowed. It was pretty much a free-for-all away from the Arctic Cat tent. Again, I cannot say enough good things about the suspension and steering on this machine. I took my RZR-S with me to the demo and rode the same trails we hit the WC with. I wanted to do this so I could check out the park, but also have something to compare too right away as soon as I got of the WC. On the same roads and trails I rode the WC on I averaged 25-30mph slower on the RZR. (about 20mph on the really rough stuff in the RZR-S).. The WC could take anything you dished out. If you want to go 55-65mph over the woops and washed out roads with 1-2 foot drop offs it will totally dominate. There was never a time today when I felt the least bit out of control on the WC. I like to go fast so this UNIT may be in my future... I don't mean to :tc but this SOB will flat go.. There is so much more I would love to say and could tell you about it but that would take 2 pages of reading. If you have questions just ask and I will let you know what I found. Here are a few pictures from today.(pics compliments of Gizmo)!!

Attachments

• acside.jpg
    acside.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 107
  • ac2cats.jpg
    ac2cats.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 83
  • acbox.jpg
    acbox.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 91
  • acdoor.jpg
    acdoor.jpg