• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

203/205 doubler shifters

baldduck74

While waiting on new bearings an seal's to replace my roasted range box, I decided to look at my home built shifters. Got to noticing at Harlan my front drive would just slip out, and be in rear drive only, usually in a not under power situation, same thing with the 203 range box lever.
My shifters have cheap ACE hardware ball bearings in a piece of homes out 3/16" dom for pivots on a 5/8" bolt.
A
039adb71608e04eeaf482789cc2735f2.jpg
. And I'm wondering if I'm no creating enough tension on levers to help hold them in place. High low side on 205 is fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If I understand the issue correctly, they make adjustable detent screws to put tension on shift rail so it takes a little force to move shifters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: 203/205 doubler shifters

Zjman said:
If I understand the issue correctly, they make adjustable detent screws to put tension on shift rail so it takes a little force to move shifters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The case shouldn't rely on the shifter to stay in gear. The detents are supposed to do that.

Re:

After posting this I thought about it and realized what I was thinking made no sense. I've seen the adjustable detents but thought they where to ease up shifting action. When I had cable shifters I shimmed up the detents, help with shifting a little but not much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk