• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re injector problem

The only problem with that diagram, is that it doesn't match the donor truck. It shows the main EFI relay under the hood in the fuse box, and the ECM plugs are oriented different. On the '88 FSM, it shows the main EFI relay on the driver's side kick panel(where I found it), and the plugs for the ECM looked identical to the pictures shown in thier diagram. Not saying it is incorrect, but just going by looks, I would say the '88 FSM matched better......

Maybe there is an early '89 that shared the same setup as the '88's??? :eeek:

I checked the '88 diagrams against the '93 diagrams you linked to, and they do have suttle differences as far as what goes where.

interesting.. is your dizzy plug square or round?

:redneck: Glad to hear you got it going...was it somethin' stoopid???:hello:
yes...

Of course it was.......

My buddy says:
Hey, how are you getting power to your ECU.............Fuel line must be pinched, cause it aint squirting out enough..........why do you have that hooked up???.........:haha:

I was on the right track, but there were a couple things I overlooked. I am going to try and figure out every wire that goes wherever they go, and do a little diagram/write up on how to do an EFI swap on these first gen's. It will be a little more in "layman's" terms.:awesomework:

OH YEAH!!!! So, I drive it to my buddies house and back. Maybe 3-4 miles round trip. I get home, and pop the hood, and the ****in exhaust manifold was a Blazing Orange glow!!!!!! Apparently my timing is off? I thought maybe it had a clogged cat or somethin...... I am not shittin ya, it was damn near molten metal.....:eek:

That is just something else for me to look into:rolleyes:

Yup, either the timing's off or kitty's clogged....could a few other things, but most commonly...:;

damnit phil

A. we don't have emissions...wtf is the cat still doing on?
B. I told you guys the timing was off but luke wanted to leave it cause that's where it was when you pulled it.
C.Burnout machine?

A. we don't have emissions...wtf is the cat still doing on?
B. I told you guys the timing was off but luke wanted to leave it cause that's where it was when you pulled it.
C.Burnout machine?

A. Cause I haven't got around to removing it yet.

B. I know, I just didn't realize it could do what it did.....:redneck:

C. Not yet. Once it is timed and I cut out the cat, maybe.....

:awesomework:

i am going to bet your cat is clogged.. i have never seen a 22re with the timing so far off that the manifold turned orange... with that being said

:eeek: it had to be running like ****.. :corn:

Big Mike's truck had the exact same problem with the crazy GLOWING manifold.

85 frame, it ran great with the 86 2wd cab, and the 87 cab, but for some reason when we swapped on the 2nd 86 cab and put EFI to it that fawker glowed like a christmas ornament.

It wasn't the cat, and everything seemed to be working. We swapped in the COMPLETE cab/engine bay harnesses and the previous truck it all came out of ran perfect without any glowing manifold.

It was a mystery but ran great, drove great, untill he parted it out a couple months ago.

:corn:

i am going to bet your cat is clogged.. i have never seen a 22re with the timing so far off that the manifold turned orange... with that being said

I should have posted a picture then. That's exactly what it was.:awesomework: I set the timing to 5 degrees BTDC, and I drove it 4 miles and let it sit in the drive and idle for a half hour, and it never even got close to that hot.:awesomework:

It actually didn't run that bad when the timing was off. It made that much of a difference though after I timed it. I am still going to pull the cat to free up a few extra H.P.:;

Are you trying to run it off the first gen harnes? Or the sec gen? What alt are you using?

first gen one. Remember that white alternator wire that was on my truck. I traced it back to the fuse box in the cab.....:eeek: Shouldnt there have been a wire that went over to the battery?

I have used both Alt.'s now. The stock efi one only puts out like 2.5V now and the new one that came off the old motor is putting out 7.5V now(these readings are with nothing hooked to the alt. and with it hooked up). They both were putting out near 13V at one point. What would cause it to all the sudden loose Voltage output??