• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22RE inline fuel pumps

The master E2000 mounted at or below the bottom of the tank and as close to the tank as possible will last a long time.
I have been running and installing them for 10 yrs without a failure.
I run a G3 see thru filter before the pump and anytime the filter loses it air bubble you know it's time to change it. (if you don't understand...ask) You can run a ford or GM metal filter after the pump but it's not really needed just nice to have should you **** a pump.

They should not be mounted in or near the engine compartment or you will be asking if there is a better pump to run because yours fails.
It also can lead to vapor lock.

If running the E2000 you can run the dorman 800-119 quick disconnects for a 3/8' hose fitting.
Or run the E8248 universal pump with 3/8 inlet and outlet.

Here's a link to parts required for the TBI conversion.
http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45292

hmm, I have installed several e2000 and I put them all in the engine bay up by the wipers behind glove box and never ever had any of these issues, and the tanks were all in the rear. I think there are a lot of variables in it.

hmm, I have installed several e2000 and I put them all in the engine bay up by the wipers behind glove box and never ever had any of these issues, and the tanks were all in the rear. I think there are a lot of variables in it.

No matter what is posted on the web, right or wrong, there will always be exceptions to the rule.

If you get by with it like that then that is great.
But the electric EFI pumps and most gerotor pumps are designed to be pushers not pullers or lift pumps.
So the more you make them work, the shorter the life will be.

The E2000 was used on the F250 as a frame mounted pump for the EFI. It used an intank low pressure lift pump to feed the E2000. So the pump did not have to do the work, only increase the pressure.

Most of these pumps come with a little spec sheet. It will tell you the suggeted placement and max lift the pump is designed for.

i have also seen guys try to use their stock carb fuel line for EFI.
Some get away with it and others don't.
EFI "should' have 3/8 feed and 5/16 return.
At a min the feed line should be EFI rated for the higher pressure.

Have guys used 10ft of regular 5/16 or 3/8 carb fuel line, sure. but that doesn't make it right.

The E2000 was used on the F250 as a frame mounted pump for the EFI. It used an intank low pressure lift pump to feed the E2000. So the pump did not have to do the work, only increase the pressure.

I believe this pump was used in OVER 50 lincoln, ford, and merc rigs from vans to trucks to cars and even motorhomes.

Not all have a lift/feed pump in the tank. Merc cars dont come with dual tanks do they?

I'm not sure what point your trying to make with that reply?
Electric pumps can be used internal or external.
And most pumps are used in many different applications.
That what the little application button on AZ and rockauto are for.

Dual tanks have nothing to do with it.

good points and it sounds like you gottit working for you also, I use 5/16 for the whole feed line, actually it is braided air brake hose, the same stuff I use for my hydro steering! has always worked for me with no failures.
the foam in a fuel cell is another can of worms!

Latest posts