• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22RE issues

Stacks

So my rig stared running really rough and missing last time I took it out. I thought at the time that I may have gottin a little moisture in a connector and I would let the truck dry out and maybe it would be fine. Well last night I went over to get the Toyota from my buddy's house and bring it over to my new house. Tryed to start it and it would start up and run really rough then die. Thats all the real information I have right now until I get it over to my house and get to looking at it in the daylight. Anybody got anywhere they would start??

Under what circumstances did it start running rough? Right after a big water crossing by chance?

If you've been in a lot of mud/water (since you said you thought a connector was wet...) I would look at the air flow meter. Ive fixed more than one by cutting that factory silicone and popping the cover off to find water inside. Spray it out with some electrical cleaner/brake cleaner and let it dry out and re-silicone the top back on. Even if you get in there and it seems dry its worth it to re-seal that thing.

Also, air leaks in the pipe from the air box to the throttle body, theyre old and tear from the torque of the engine moving it back and forth. Its best to pull the thing off so you can really flex things around to look for cracks.

Of course the typical fuel pressure and supply are important too, as are ignition parts (cap/rotor/plugs/wires). Just a couple ideas I guess. Good luck!

~T.J.

If it got rode hard, and put away wet....:haha:
Look at the MAF and intake tube like mentioned before---also worth a look inside the dist cap for moisture.:awesomework:

Kinda like what he said, it could be something to do with the air/mass airflow sensor but would be nice to know a little more.....

Also dist. Cap" should" end up drying it self out if it has been sitting in a dry place but I guess not always. Something good to check on though...

Last edited:
Where can I get new boots and a tube from?? I rolled it on its side and broke a mount also and the fan got in the tube but didnt see any holes.

New would be money and probably hard to find. You would be better off stalking the classifieds here and the pull a part yards. Did it run rough before or after rolling it? It could be a pinched wire somewhere too, fouled plugs, etc.

~T.J.

i ran it for a while after rolling it and didnt ave a problem till later in the day. After I rooled it I had to take the hood off to keep the intake tube from hitting the fan.

Latest posts