• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re noise under load

The Luke said:
I just finished adjusting the valves. Set intake at .008 and exhaust at .012. It's noisey as hell. I read online where they originally were set at .006 and .010. Thinking of trying that. Whatcha think?

It can't hurt, but the question is, is it the same kind of noise as before, only louder? If so, or if not, that should help answer the question about where the noise is coming from

muddinmetal said:
It can't hurt, but the question is, is it the same kind of noise as before, only louder? If so, or if not, that should help answer the question about where the noise is coming from

The original Noise seemed worse at .008/.012. It seems better at .006/.010. I will definitely say the truck runs better this way. Peppy as hell and can actually accelerate instead of feeling like its sputtering. I've got a couple new videos, I'll post them in a bit.

Drove it some more today. Noise is still there. Maybe I just wanted to think that it sounded better yesterday.

I'm about to the point where I'd pay somebody that knows what they're doing to fix it. Hey Nick, want to make a couple dolla's?

Is the header gasket heat shield supposed to look like this? To me it doesn't seem right. But then again, I am dealing with a jap truck.
uquve6yg.jpg
5ytu8yvy.jpg

That's what I thought. But I figure header gaskets only go on so many ways. I'll tear it apart after lunch.

Edit: I fixed the gasket. No difference. I'm starting to wonder if I'm chasing a problem that doesn't exist. This is the only auto 22re truck I've ever driven. Maybe they just sound like this??

Anybody happen to know what size this bolt is? I thought it would be the same size as the bolt on the other block off plate. But no luck.
2y4y9e5a.jpg