• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re trouble

sammy toy

motor idles when you give it throttle it dies out and backfires, ive tried everything computer, mass airflow box,cap and rotor,pluggs,fuel filter.

22re are supposed to run 36 to 38 psi im running 42psi could it be overpressurizing?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

shoot me some suggestions.

I was just about to say the same thing I am dealing with the same problem.....and due to 4 people telling me including zukkev:haha: I am going to dig into my Hilton and figure out how to calibrate my tps give it a shot .....it will also help you if you get the trouble codes with a reader or even jumpering under the hood and reading the flashing on the dash:awesomework:

Timing chain could have jumped a tooth backwards if the long guide is busted. That will cause all sorts of issues.

What happened when the issue started?

Timing chain could have jumped a tooth backwards if the long guide is busted. That will cause all sorts of issues.

What happened when the issue started?

Timming is good. it was running fine turned it off for a couple hours fired it back up and it started running like ****.

I was just about to say the same thing I am dealing with the same problem.....and due to 4 people telling me including zukkev:haha: I am going to dig into my Hilton and figure out how to calibrate my tps give it a shot .....it will also help you if you get the trouble codes with a reader or even jumpering under the hood and reading the flashing on the dash:awesomework:

Let me know what you find out.

TAke the air tube between the engine and air box off and look for any cracks. Had one that would idle fine and when you gave it gas the engine would shift on the motor mounts and open a crack in that air tube and do the same thing.

so are you running a stock fuel pump? but even then that should not matter as the 22re has a set f.p. reg. i run a summit one on my buggy that is rated to run up to 500 h.p. and works fine. i think it is somewhere else, check all vacume hoses, i am working on a friends yota today that would idle high sometimes and low others when he came to a stop and it turned out to be a broken vacume line for the power steering pump.