• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

24hr of Lemons

He kept on going for a while. I would have thought he was supposed to pull off right away to keep **** off the track! :****:

Blase said:
He kept on going for a while. I would have thought he was supposed to pull off right away to keep **** off the track! :****:

There are definately two delays in racing. At least I think i can attest to.

When **** goes wrong (i.e. not normal) your brain processes WTF just happened??? Explosion, boom, fire, CHECK.
But wait I'm still moving, better go as far as possible it might have been nothing. LOL

So here is a kinda funny vid of me shattering the rearview mirror. I was not looking directly at it when it explodes, which leaves you as the watcher wondering, why I kept playing with it at roughly 95mph on the front straight at ECR.
****ing glass was everywhere a bunch in my lap and made the next 2 hours a bit painful on left handers as one shard kept trying to impale my leg and I couldnt get it out since I was harnessed in so tight.

wyattmirror

Re: Re: 24hr of Lemons

Sneak peak of the new one.

Pink in the Middle
1FC7B0A7-AF31-4994-8DF1-3D4A2CD92166-7378-0000083509DD367A_zpseb5ed3e9.jpg

I know they are junkers, but got damn this is the funnest cheapest racing I can imagine.

From the guy that editted this:
I edited together some of the footage from the GoPro I stuck on the rear bumper of the Chevette last weekend. Because the Chevette was so slow, you'll see just about every car (that was running for a two-hour period on Saturday morning) in this video.

Diesel Chevette pass-fest at 2013 Gingerman 24 Hours of LeMons

zukiscott said:
MMMAN whats the new one???? ,,,Nissan truck maybe :dunno: :dunno: ,,,,,I know yall havin FUN ;D

4x4 Comanche with a 4.0l
And it sits F-ing low for a 4x4.

Since I can see the rear shocks hanging and no backstays on the cage, I'm guessing this was pretty early so its another 1" or so shorter all the way around.

Che2_zps91386bcf.jpg

OG in the field when it got bought
4aa96c69.jpg

to share my pics over here.
Drove it out of garage last night, took a lap around the neighborhood. Had fan wired backward it was pushing vs. pulling got hot quick. But other than that, shes race ready.

Re: Re: 24hr of Lemons

Currently 1st in Class B with Cherokee, 1st in Class C with Comanche. 5.5 hrs of racing tomorrow.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-dallas-day-one-model-t-gt-cherokee-comanche-leading/

OMG what a weekend. We honestly dominated the field this weekend. A lot of people hating on the Jeeps and praying we got parked.

We won Class C with the new Comanche we built for this season, had an 18 lap lead at the end (roughly 50 minutes). And we did so with only 4th gear.
Crappy Peugeot 5 speed crapped the other gears.

On Sunday we got caught in the Class B Cherokee, we just werent as fast as some of the competition so we had to beat them off the track in clean pit stops, and clean driving, plus praying they had long pits, blackflags and breakage. We executed a perfect race in the Cherokee, zero downtime under green, and we lost by 3 laps. (7 1/2 minutes over 14 1/2 hours).

Out of 70+ entries.
Class B Cherokee finished 2nd in class and 5th Overall
Class C Comanche finished 1st in Class and we think 21st Overall. The SOB's paid us out in nickels. $600 in nickels. I guess thats one way to get back at the Triple Nickel.

No I don't care who you are that's some funny ****!!

I like the TGTW OFFROAD stickers also. kind of like a :flipoff1: to the field.

Nice. The Comanche looks bad ass. Did you ever post any videos from the Boom camera on the Cherokee?

bgredjeep said:
Nice. The Comanche looks bad ass. Did you ever post any videos from the Boom camera on the Cherokee?
we are the kings of filling memory with vid files and doing zero with them.
This last race cameras were an afterthought. Though I did see some awesome ****.

I had a sick full drift around a "U" corner for a 3 car pass. Completely on accident!!!

In the June '13 issue of Car and Driver, the results of a reader poll revealed that "LeMons" racing was nearly twice as popular as IndyCar.
No typo, Eddie Alterman confirmed they didnt mean LeMans.
IMG_0653_zps46931c1c.jpg