• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

24hr of Lemons

Ok that is bad ass! How many NASCAR tracks does lemons race on? It would be SUPER cool to be able to say you've raced on say Talledaga, Daytona, Bristol and Texas!!! That might be reason enough to build a racer.

Their are basically two crapcan car racing series. 24 Hours of LeMons, and ChumpCar.
Between the two you can hit quite a few badass tracks. I know I've never seen Talledega or Bristol, but yes to Texas and Daytona, plus Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Charlotte, THE STREETS OF ENSENADA, Virginia, Michigan, New Hampshire, Sonoma.

I'm all getting giddy about the September MSR-Houston race. We've got 6 drivers and 2 cars, its a true 24 hour race. So that 48 hours of racing for us, meaning 8 hours at the wheel racing per driver!!!!

Re:

Favored to win Class B this weekend!
WOOT!
Hope we didnt just get JINX'ed.

http://hooniverse.com/2013/09/25/24-hours-of-lemons-gator-o-rama-24-preview/

Terrible weekend.
Blew up both cars.

Lead ClassB in the Cherokee for a few hours, then we started consuming water. By 9.75 hours in we were making milkshakes.
Comanche....electrical at about the end of hour 4, went into idle and wont rev.

Very disappointing race for us considering we've never missed a Green or Checker flag in Lemons, and to get 2 DNF's at once hurts.

zukiscott said:
Well crap man I was wantin to see some more in car footages :mad:
we have completely given up on running cameras.
he own 8 go-pros and this race we mounted zero. No one wants to take the time to edit video so this has just kinda ended.

Think 8 cameras *24hour race. Thats 192 hours of video to watch and catalog everytime out. Its just too much. Last race we ran two percar, and even at 96 hours no one ever looked at a second of it. Some good stuff on their too.

Just leaving this here.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/north-dallas-hooptie-lemons-day-one-300zx-leads-jeep-cherokee-close-behind/

http://blog.caranddriver.com/north-dallas-hooptie-24-hours-of-lemons-the-winners/

57EDD246-8DE1-4E47-B03E-6946E092D1FB_zpsdg96jjsn.jpg

ridered3 said:
Y'all are officially published now! How the MJcoming along?
We've been published alot. That cherokee has five Top 10 overalls in 7 races, and of those four are Top 5 Overalls. This is just our 1st Class win with it.

The Comanche, well it podiumed 1st in Class very first race then a DNF, then we didnt race it this one due to our teams driver numbers. It is certainly our future. We expect great things from it.

We raced this past weekend.

I drove our Comanche 3:30 of 7:30 hours of racing on Saturday and had us in P1 for ClassB with a 2 lap lead with no power steering. Highlight for me was a driver change and taking 10 gallons of fuel in a shade over 1 minute. I was in so much pain, I hardly slept Saturday night. The wheels fell off on Sunday though, we blew it. Of our 4 cars, all were still running but we were loaded and headed for home by noon.

This race we had 4 cars and a total of 9 drivers on our team. Logistical awesomeness!

Heres some Saturday.

In 5 years road racing I've only had contact one other time, and it was nothing. I wrecked our junk good on Saturday, hitting one of our own cars. Unreal! Huge pack of red mist driving clowns, so we both went wide all the way out to the wet line, and still got collected. I was so pissed!

TGTW on TGTW action from MSR Lemons 2015