• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

24hr of Lemons

Memorial Day is upon us.

A true 24hour race Saturday 3pm to Sunday 3pm in Slidell, TX, Eagle Canyon Raceway (N. of Ft. Worth about 15 miles from Jabnasty's house)

A sneak peak.....
b5f0f415.jpg

ridered3 said:
Nice front emblem! Good luck. Can we expect some more in-Jeep footage?
yes, we have wired a USB buss into the jeep to power feed all of the Go-Pro's which have 32gb cards. So each card will be good for 9 hours. And we have 4 Go-Pro's and 1 VIO helmet cam. :woody:

Here is what we started w/ two '97 Cherokees for $700. Rear one had a blown motor but clean title. Front kinda ran but no title.
We fixed/repaired, etc the rear one and sold. We got $3000 for it.
Front became the "BPC" Border Patrol Jeep.

f185c1a5.jpg

InDaShop said:
speaking of, I thihnk we are officially out of the wisconsin at Road America. So no swinging by and picking you up. :'(
:'( Well at least I had forgot about it and not made any plans. laughing1

Bones said:
:'( Well at least I had forgot about it and not made any plans. laughing1

LOL

Last night we took it out for radio testing, light alignment, and then do round 1 of brake pad break in. Love driving this thing, its an adult sized go-kart. I would never have thought a Cherokee can be tossed around so easily and it take it SO well.

Top 10 overall (9th)
Top 5 in Class B (4th)

We were Top5 and 1st in Class for quite a qhile but had the Crank position sensor die on us. We had a $90 spare but it took 39min to get it changed. Dropping us back pretty good.
Night crew killed it and got us all the way back to 5th overall and 2nd in Class.
At Hour 22 I got back in the car for my 3rd stint. Power steering was gone, brakes were ****, and it was overheating. I did one lap before coming in to ensure my fans were working, did three more and came back in for "supposedly" missing a yellow warning flag. It was a blessing, I told the crew we need to look at this overheat issue. Pop the hood and the belts were gone, the powersteering pulley broke off. The right rear caliper had eaten through the pad and had drained most of the brake fluid out it.
But never say die. We threw a new PS pump and pulley on. Repaired the caliper and headed back out. I was turning 3:00 laps when my standard was 2:25's. It cltatered like all hell was hard to keep running unless WOT which was still only 60% power we had earlier. but we took the CHECKER FLAG!!!! No kidding I was flagging people by on the parade lap because I didnt have the power to pull their idle.....

Even w/ nearly 2.5 hours down we ended up 4th in Class B, and 9th overall.

Pic from: Car and Driver mag
3-Saturday-Leaders-at-2012-North-Dallas-Hooptie-24-Hours-of-LeMons-626x426.jpg

A surprising top-five contender in the early going was the Jeep Cherokee of TGTW Offroad racing, but a sudden transition from running excellently to not running at all dropped the Jeep down in the standings by sundown. "They do that," remarked one team member.

We have quite a bit of video, I'm sure that will get shuffled and editted soon enough.
I will say my 1st stint 11pm-1am was uneventful, but my 2nd 5am-7am was insane retarded action. I hit a skunk, I got in the head of a 944 driver so bad he was over driving on every turn, and then ultimately spun out into the gravel spectacularly. And then pulled off a 3 wide uphill right hand turn to pass 6 cars, and almost ass one. And it never got old all of the people swinging by our pit asking what we'd done to make that cherokee so fast. Ummm, gutted it, lowered it, and added a cage. 156k stock motor RIP, you were a goodun...

e76349b5.jpg

Heres some of the carnage, note the tread on the tire. That was the right front and it was brand new before the race, that pic is at 22 hours. :eek:
bee27316.jpg

jabnasty said:
I got to ride passenger for practice on friday and it is crazy how fast the thing is.
It defies logic IMO. Handling, Braking and sheer power out of the turns it kills it!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xc0t23
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC"

We have nearly 50 hours of vid thats still getting edited up. Was sad, to watch getting flagged, and never saw the flags but they are clearly there on vid. We've got to get better looking at the corner flag stations.

Why our right front got toasted! LOL
5c85c581.jpg

Chasing down sports cars, this was pretty much common fodder for the Cherokee, its silly fast.
4893f808.jpg

Yes thats a Porsche 911, that we literally whooped up on all weekend long.
244433e5.jpg

Doing a CPS change that cost us.
a4354970.jpg

Cooking towards Turn 11
ecd18145.jpg

Me napping on a picnic table sometime Sunday dirty :30 in the am
0fcfa7cd.jpg

At one point on Sunday am, we had one driver spin out and get a black flag. The judges let us do what we wanted on it, so we opt'd to do a driver swap and get someone fresh in the seat who hadn't been up all night. Well that guy spins out the exact same spot one lap later. The reprecussions were 4 of us had to wander the paddocks wearingthis terrible pink prison bard with chain wrapped around our necks and posing for photos. Upside was the car got to keep turning laps while this when on.
4e832121.jpg

Here is the trailer board on my door, we were 1st in Class at one point….
The columns are Hour, Overall Position, Class Position, Laps/Hour, Total Laps
774debb1.jpg

Racemonitor shot of the end of race for Class B. 61 Laps out of 1st. Even with zero down time, I don't know that we could have taken 1st in Class.
87713cba.jpg

There was this terrible accident at about 5 laps into the race. Notchback mustang cooking into turn 11 right in front of everyone, loses brakes and whips into the infield grass to try and avoid an accident and bleed speed. Unfortunately, he shot across the apex at turn 11, and collected another mustang with his ass end.
Both drivers ended up ok. but there was some lessons learned in safety and seat mounting.

Innocent
87529f33.jpg

e8a9a6e8.jpg

Guilty
c7072bcc.jpg

Blue mustangs seat mount, lesson to be learned for sure…
7553027d.jpg

Jump to about 3:50 to see the BPC. Eventually this SPEC Miata got past. Based on the sun, this is Sunday morning and the driver is likely Nathan one of our more consistent much more conservative drivers.
24 Hours of Lemons Dallas OK-Speed.com

And heres one lap incar from the Overall race winner. He goes two wheels off twice, crazy beemer drivers!
24 Hours of Lemons ECR 2012 - Pulp Friction #333 Lap of Shame

We are meeting up Saunday night to go over the BPC, shes a heep right now. Smoked PS, waterpump, motor, brakes, all bushings. And in addition to all of that repair we are acquiring another JEEP to race. So we will be a two car team, it's a Commanche that I think we are going to put a fiberglass donkey in the bed and call is "Hauling ASS"

HELL YEA MAN,,,,,,looks like some FUN ASS TIMES rite there FO SHO :dblthumb:

DAMN,,,,,that pic of the mustang seat mount,,,,,DAMN,,,,,that made me CRINGE just lookin at that **** :eek: :eek: :eek:

funny damn BORDER PATROL Cherokee out there WAXIN Porches & crap molaugh