• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

.258 EFI/Carb???

2pwrlftrs4u

NWW Meanie
i have holley pro-jection on my .258 and its killing me

seriously thinking about ditching the holley pro-jection and get a MC 2100... we have been through the settings over and over and over again and still it runs way to rich (which seems they all do). double checked the timing several times... also checked the voltage to the fuel system.

once you have it running good, the weather changes and back to crap again. when you have a perfect idle @ 800-1k the acceleration sucks, adjust the acceleration then the idle sucks.we tried different idle adjustments on the fuel management box and then the idle screw on the throttle body. its also very temperamental "if" you chane gas brand/octane level. :mad:

Ditch that motor....swap in a V8, Chevy 350 TBI or MPI or a 5.0L

Or if you are stuck on Jeep stuff a 4.0LHO

The Aftermarket fuel injection setups rarely work properly and end up being a huge pain the ass for the rest of your life.

Factory **** is where it's at, reliable, typically easy to work on, more knowledgeable people and parts are readily available.

re:

I did A homebrew version of the Howell system. Basically a 4.3l chev tbi system grafted on the 4.2l. Ran very well, more power and far better drivability. cost could be around $400 with a custom burned chip. I tried a weber kit first and had nothing but problems. Thier cust service sucked. then I did the fuel injection setup. I eventually went with a 2001 4.3l and 4l60e, but that was alot more $.

Latest posts