• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2'x2' torchmate

pos97TJ

Has anyone gotten on the list on pirate4x4 for one of those 2x2 torchmate cncs? They seem like a pretty cool deal for a guy with limited space and are only $1995. I think you have until the end of this month to get on the list before they go public and then the price goes up.:awesomework:

i might look into getting a loan for this, i run a table at work every night, its 120x500 we have cut stuff up to 2.5 thick but its no where near accurate enough with the plasma. and the burny5 software isnt supported any more.

Qoute from the thread-

That brings me to upgrades. I am still tossing around a few idea's on this one. It may turn out that nothing other than software upgrades are necessary to run our larger table. We will find a way to protect ourselves against people buying this small machine and then building out a 5x10 and using the electronics and software on it without needing something from us. Don't tell me that no one has thought of that. It may be that we will take the little machine back in trade and credit you the full price towards the larger system. I am still mulling over all the ramifications of how an upgrade will work. You rarely find used Torchmate machines for sale. We sold thousands of Torchmate pantograph machines before we ever got into CNC and even those rarely come up for sale. For the most part, our customers hold onto their machines even if they upgrade to a bigger one. I am guessing that the same will be the case with this, but I want to make it easy for those that want to make the jump.

If they offer a full price trade that would be pretty cool though:awesomework:

Last edited:
you can index your cut and then move the material and make parts larger than the actual machine itself. A good example of this is the subframe assembly of "project Mishka" by Dallas(stinkbug)'s new buggy, in the Pirate-gen4x4.

This machine also is small enough to pickup and move by hand, doesn't take a lot of room, and you can set it ontop of your sheet, instead of needing a 2x2 sheet. You could get 4x8 sheets, and cut out 2x2 sections at a time, either all small parts, or index your cuts and make large peices one section at a time.

A very innovative idea.:beer: