• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

302 or rebuild 4.0liter v6?

why 88 or newer? i have a older 302 (dont no exact year) im puting in my 87 ranger with about 12" of lift, full size axels on 38.5x11 bogers, dana 44 up front and a ford 9" in back. my thot was older wiht carb so it wouldn't have to deal with a computor, and i could convert to propane easier. am i rong?

So you dont have to work with the haggard speed density system. If your gonna keep it stock go with it. Hopefully you have a 85 or newer roller cam 5.0. Just remember a roller cam engine has a different firing order than a old 302. Making a older engine work in yer rig wil be easier but it wont have the power of a h.o engine unless you do a bunch of work.

Suresh. If you want to do that.. you need to find a complete donor 99 V8 explorer so it's smog legal and bolt in...

What did you hurt on the 4.0L?

Suresh. If you want to do that.. you need to find a complete donor 99 V8 explorer so it's smog legal and bolt in...

What did you hurt on the 4.0L?

Didn't hurt anything on it...yet lol, but I believe in a year or 2 its going to be on a trailer and all tubed up just planning ahead..I should put a bow tie in it haha piss some ford guys off lol