• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

37" stickies or 40" radial

yota83

Just like the title says I'm debating on buying a 40" radial or a 37" sticky.
I have a 99 TJ that I currently run 40" old school mtr. It's about that time for a new set of tires, theyre getting pretty low.
Just putting out there to ask what everyone's thoughts are regarding the two sets in question, I'm torn between the two.
Thanks for the input.

No mall here don't even have tags on it. Just don't know if it is worth losing the ground clearance with the sticky

I bet you could sit a 37" red up against any 40" radial out there, and would be probably less than a inch of difference in the two!

zukimaster said:
I bet you could sit a 37" red up against any 40" radial out there, and would be probably less than a inch of difference in the two!
I've never seen 37 red in person, but if they are true to size like the 39s, and that's the tire he plans to run, well then it could be a good choice. He still didn't say what axles he is running.

It currently has a hp44 with rvc's and a strange 9" with 35 spline shafts so 39" reds are out

yota83 said:
It currently has a hp44 with rvc's and a strange 9" with 35 spline shafts so 39" reds are out
Well with your RCV's and stay away from wheel spin, they'd probably last awhile. Sounds like 37 reds are the way to go brother.

TacomaJD said:
There's not that much difference in weight between the 37's and 39's......
Still though, leverage from wheel spin on a larger tire is a variable.

Post a pic up of your ride op. Super irrelevant but I like seeing people's trail rigs. loller.gif

37 stickies on a little light weight buggy will go as good as a big one ton jeep one 40"s. Rode with guys on a lot bigger tires when I had my buggy on 37s and yoda axles. Never felt my tire size was a limiting factor for not making something.

Is that last picture at the bottom of hell's revenge at Choccolocco?

Git you some stickies and rock out on that ****! Fawk a damn radial m/t!