• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39-42 Inch DOT Tire choices

Re: 39-40 Inch DOT Tire choices

BPINAZ said:
I had KM2's on my crawler and they were a good all purpose tire. We use them on our service vehicles and they hold up pretty good. In fact, I've been involved in pursuits on the highway, cross country through the desert, and on really crappy 2-tracks and they've always held up. Also, some of our vehicles have the MTR's and they've have done well too.

By the way, what was the problem with the IROKS? I read a lot of complaints from guys who live in the east. I'm in southern AZ and IROKS work great out here, however 99.9% of the time the trails are either dry or covered with dry snow.

Nice rig bro.

The Iroks are ok here but wanted to see if there was something better. I really wish they made a 13.50/40-17 in the Interco TSL SX pattern.

Re: 39-40 Inch DOT Tire choices

xjcrawler said:
The Iroks are ok here but wanted to see if there was something better. I really wish they made a 13.50/40-17 in the Interco TSL SX pattern.

They do...its called the 43" :wtflol: measure a SX you'd be surprised. Good luck finding round ones tho, my set of 38s were street tires before I got them. You can look at the wear and see how not round they are, 1/2" tread in one spot, and showing cords in another.

BFG, Nitto, Toyo all make good tires in that range.

I daily drive on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Great tire, hold in the corners, a little loose on wet pavement braking but not as bad as the BFG's I used to run.

InDaShop said:
BFG, Nitto, Toyo all make good tires in that range.

I daily drive on 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Great tire, hold in the corners, a little loose on wet pavement braking but not as bad as the BFG's I used to run.

My Silverado came with 35" Kuhmo's.....they suck on the road. Loud, vibrate, no traction on wet pavement and etc. How do the Nitto Trail Grapplers wear and what's the average miles one can get out of them? Once these 35's wear down I'm switching to something else.

bjeep said:
Maxxis Trepadors are good to. Even available in the 40" flavor. :indianajones:

Is this something you have run in the past? How'd you like them? Would you buy them again? How about the 54" Claws? How'd you like them? Oh wait, you're just being a troll and upping your post count!!!!!!! :gay: :ban: :gtfo: :flipgotcha:

xjcrawler said:
Is this something you have run in the past? How'd you like them? Would you buy them again? How about the 54" Claws? How'd you like them? Oh wait, you're just being a troll and upping your post count!!!!!!! :gay: :ban: :gtfo: :flipgotcha:

Yes. I have a set of trep's on my truck. I like them as always.
I have never run the claws but is think they will look good on that
Fancy TJ you have.

You Richard Rollins now? Listen Yankee you're making this harder than it is. Put your reds on your trailreadys, buy some wheels for your irocks one little cut on those pieces of **** ain't gonna hurt you. Stop being a Yankee flat biller. :cougar:

You ain't gonna sell the reds are you? You'll never get anything from them now anyway. We can all get then from Jackson motorsports. So just keep em and let's wheel that bitch!!! :tc

bjeep said:
No need to be round when all he will do is look at it. molaugh molaugh

xjcrawler said:
Thanks Kerry. :dblthumb:

40" MTR's are about 1900.00 for a set. Has anybody ran some of the Interco SX's that are regular compound on the street?

Where have you found them for $1900? Been looking for them and can't seem too find them that cheap.

I was thinking about 40" nitto trail grapplers before I bought sticky treps. Maxxis is selling 40" bias treps now that aren't sticky fyi. They look just like the comp tires. I haven't priced them. The Nittos run under $2k for a set.

Gacory said:
Where have you found them for $1900? Been looking for them and can't seem too find them that cheap.

I have a business account that I can get them thru.

bgredjeep said:
I was thinking about 40" nitto trail grapplers before I bought sticky treps. Maxxis is selling 40" bias treps now that aren't sticky fyi. They look just like the comp tires. I haven't priced them. The Nittos run under $2k for a set.

The treps (measures 39.8") would cost me about 1980.00. A set of 42" SX (measures 41.6") would cost 1620.00 but they too damn wide and a little too tall.

I have the MTR's and love them. I drive on the street a lot and only get to the trails a couple times a year now, but have been very happy with them. They've been great in Moab as well as the muddy trails in the midwest.

I would avoid the SX2. It's a totally different tire than the 43" SX.

Can't go wrong with a MTR-K, Trail Grappler, Toyo MT, 40" - 42" KM2. I have not been impressed with any blue labels on the trails, especially when it's wet. A KM2 seems to fair much better than a Blue in many spots.

As much as it kills me to say this (not a Pitbull fan...), a PBR in a 42" bias might be good. The only thing that concerns me about all the radial options are the arguably weaker sidewalls.

jordan7118 said:
I would avoid the SX2. It's a totally different tire than the 43" SX.

Can't go wrong with a MTR-K, Trail Grappler, Toyo MT, 40" - 42" KM2. I have not been impressed with any blue labels on the trails, especially when it's wet. A KM2 seems to fair much better than a Blue in many spots.

As much as it kills me to say this (not a Pitbull fan...), a PBR in a 42" bias might be good. The only thing that concerns me about all the radial options are the arguably weaker sidewalls.

I have heard that the 41.5 PBR radials are awesome... & 42 inches tall at 10psi

Sorry if it's been mentioned but have you looked at Falken? They are trying real hard to make a presence in offroad.

FYI. Just checked online with Discount Tire. 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers are $421. Of course I just ordered some Treps (bias non-Sticky) two days ago! Damn my luck!

I really like the Trail Grapplers on my bro-truck, but the ones I put on my d-max and then tow with have not lasted at all.

muddinmetal said:
I have heard that the 41.5 PBR radials are awesome... & 42 inches tall at 10psi

I had a set and they were taller than the 42 bias set I had. Both with comparable tread wear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 92