• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

redneckengineered said:
Or just buy used like most people.
Absolutely willing to do that. I was excited to see that set pop up in Arkansas. Unfortunately it was 8 hours one way to get them. I'm 20 minutes from St. Louis and it doesn't seem too many pop up close to me. Also after talking to a guy who is familiar with JMG, he was thinking they needed proof of a series, not just 1 occasion. Wish interco had a 40" sticky. :dunno:

Re: Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

nhl_bullitt said:
Absolutely willing to do that. I was excited to see that set pop up in Arkansas. Unfortunately it was 8 hours one way to get them. I'm 20 minutes from St. Louis and it doesn't seem too many pop up close to me. Also after talking to a guy who is familiar with JMG, he was thinking they needed proof of a series, not just 1 occasion. Wish interco had a 40" sticky. :dunno:
Get treps, no comp needed. Also fastenal has cheap shipping rates and real simple.

Re: Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

Mortalis5509 said:
Get treps, no comp needed. Also fastenal has cheap shipping rates and real simple.
Fastenal as in the place that sells bolts? Its odd treps dont seem as common. Id consider though.

Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

rednecklights said:
What's the going price for a set of new 40" treps

I'll venture a guess of almost exactly $700 each dropped in your driveway on a pallet....

It hurt a little. :'(

I'm sure I will be. They work well but need a few rides to break in. I've only been out 2 times since I mounted them due to work and the holidays. The 2nd ride I was working on breaking them in (doing a burnout on a big rock at AOP) and blew my driveshaft yoke. We only rode about an hour before that and there are no driveline shops open in Chatanooga on Sat. :dunno:

Re: 39 Reds VS. 43 SX swampers

Treps working in a race

Fastenal, the bolt place. These tires work and don't clog up. This was in a dirt riot race this year.

I would also put them up against either one of these tires for all around in the terrain we are out in.: as I can assure they will hang with both of these tires. If not outdo the 43's. :flipoff1: i'm just sayin.. I feel them reach out and grab a ****. Haha.

kushKrawlin said:
I would also put them up against either one of these tires for all around in the terrain we are out in.: as I can assure they will hang with both of these tires. If not outdo the 43's. :flipoff1: i'm just sayin.. I feel them reach out and grab a ****. Haha.

I disagree, I had some Treps on the rear of my buggy at one time and the lateral traction wasn't very good, they remind me of a sticky bogger, Would definitely run a 43 of a Trep.

I ended up purchasing a set of 43 stickies. I've got two rides on the SX's. First was the damn locals event at tracy city over memorial day weekend. Second was a trip to Harlan two weeks ago. My initial thoughts on the SX vs Krawler are that the SX's DO NOT hook up on rocks as well compared to the Krawler. With that said, I will see how the SX's do as they get broken in to really judge but out of the box, the Krawlers are far superior on rocks. On the other hand, I've been on two rides and haven't cut a side wall!

The SX's are more expensive but more attainable. The red's are on back order as usual and I think it is only going to get worse with them opening up sales to the general public. Unless BFG steps up their production you will always be on a waiting list and then you will get bumped b/c racers are still going to get priority over general consumer. As it was, certain racers got priority over others, which I understand. I ordered a set of SX's and had them 3 days later or you can drive and pick up a set the same day if it's convenient for you.

Re:

Much better. 4 years on mine, started off using 7 psi, now I run 9-10. I can't fairly compare to the reds, for never run them, but would never run any reg compound again.

matt

Re:

mcutler said:
Much better. 4 years on mine, started off using 7 psi, now I run 9-10. I can't fairly compare to the reds, for never run them, but would never run any reg compound again.

matt

X2 it took 5,6 weekend rides and I could tell a very noticeable different, to me it was a huge difference but every rigs different I guess, I think you'll be happy best money I spent on my rig