• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

yah the Twin lakes run is pretty, and shouldn't damage your vehicle...

Update, snow has fallen! there is about 12" of snow right now near the 4000ft mark, and about 24" near 5000. So the 6th should prove to be an interesting time on the switchbacks!

Jacob, is your passenger seat spoken for?

Jacob, is your passenger seat spoken for?

Yup .sorry bud. =/

LMAO!!!

Jakob better hurry up or he may be looking for a passenger seat :hi:

lol. Its rolling as of last night! I'm bringing it to rick on Wednesday to have the oil skid plate put on. Unfortunately my aftermarket exhaust makes it so it doesn't fit right. Figure I should do a new oil pan while we're at it =P

What did he break now...:eeek:

Ya ever get that rear ARB fixed Jakob?

Yup! oh man, Kris at ARB is great. We had a few little issues pop up, but they're resolved now. PS Wes, I haven't forgotten the couplers for ya :awesomework:

What ended up being wrong?

(Wheres that ARB vs. Detriot thread when you need it.:stirpot::D)

Oh it was a pretty simple problem. The pressure switch that comes with the small stock tank CANNOT be used for two lockers. err, well it can. but you have to be very careful not to engage them at the same time and to listen to make sure you have enough airpressure (aka the tank refills itself after each button press).

Because it was only getting partial engagement, the springs stripped out. So the fix was to rebuild the locker, and put on a better pressure switch. Now it works great! And next I need to integrate my York and get the OBA working.

You get your ring gear back???:redneck: Yesterday???:corn:

Yup, its all back in there. Greg impressed Kris by being able to get a 3.73 ring gear to fit in a 4.88 pinion with 7/1000s backlash! sadly the depth was way off among other things :; .

Once we got the right ring gear, it took about 30 mins to get it in. It fit like a glove and has 5/1000s backlash, really nice and tight!

Yup, its all back in there. Greg impressed Kris by being able to get a 3.73 ring gear to fit in a 4.88 pinion with 7/1000s backlash! sadly the depth was way off among other things :; .

Once we got the right ring gear, it took about 30 mins to get it in. It fit like a glove and has 5/1000s backlash, really nice and tight!

:haha: Oh, and on the .005", it was originally set between .006 and .007", how's the pattern look at .005"???:corn:

it looks good!

so in other news, uh oh for Monday and Tuesday:

MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY REMAIN THE PERIOD OF INTEREST IN TERMS OF
FLOODING POTENTIAL. SIGNIFICANTLY RISING FREEZING LEVELS AND A
POTENTIAL TAP INTO THE REMNANTS OF A TROPICAL SYSTEM NOW IN THE
WESTERN PACIFIC COULD BRING SOME SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION INTO THE
AREA. IT IS TOO EARLY TO PUT A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN ANY
DETAILS...AND THE MEDIUM RANGE MODELS REMAIN AT ODDS AS TO WHERE THE
HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION WILL FALL. THE EURO MODELS KEEPS THE HEAVIEST
PRECIP OVER VANCOUVER ISLAND. HOWEVER...IT IS WORTH NOTING THAT THE
00Z GFS IS GENERATING 4-6 INCHES OF LIQUID OVER THE OLYMPICS AND
NORTH CASCADES FOR THE 24 HOUR PERIOD ENDING 00Z TUESDAY. AGAIN...A
LOT COULD CHANGE WITH THIS PATTERN OVER THE COMING DAYS...BUT IF THE
WETTER GFS SOLUTION WAS CLOSE TO CORRECT...A NUMBER OF RIVERS
RUNNING OUT OF THE OLYMPICS AND NORTH CASCADES WOULD BE AT RISK FOR
FLOODING.

Basically we'll be watching to see if the expected cooling and snow on thursday the 4th will come. otherwise the 6th could be somewhat slushy. We'll see. The 15 day outlook has that day pegged cooler than normal, but under cloudy skies, no rain.

I don't think the wether is going to cooperate. What snow we got at 4000 ft all melted.:booo: It better come down hard between now and then.:corn:

I don't think the wether is going to cooperate. What snow we got at 4000 ft all melted.:booo: It better come down hard between now and then.:corn:

Yah I'm waiting to see what we get. 26" at 4500 ft. We want snow around 4000ft but not much lower, otherwise we'll never make it to the top!

well i coulden't take it any more so we went for a drive up to the lakes.:booo: needless to say we made it to the top in a kia sorento.....:looser:there was about a foot at the top. im really hoping the weather turns, and fast...other wise its going to be really....:gay:

well i coulden't take it any more so we went for a drive up to the lakes.:booo: needless to say we made it to the top in a kia sorento.....:looser:there was about a foot at the top. im really hoping the weather turns, and fast...other wise its going to be really....:gay:

:haha::haha:

Supposed to be warm/rainy all week too.

Shoulda planned it for the 20th:fawkdancesmiley: