• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

I vote we either make another run on the twentieth, or overrule Jakob.:flipoff:

I believe the snow will be overruling you! :fawkdancesmiley:

No, seriously. as soon as snow hits the snowshed, they berm up the road with snow. The 15day outlook is looking pretty snowy up high, and the 6th is already going to be stretching our luck.

I'd love to wheel this with you, but with our luck we might get snow at walker by that time! We also have north fork we could run :;

I've got quite a few places to snow wheel in Skagit Valley.:awesomework: Plus, I need an excuse to go check out a certain area that looks real promising with heavy surface bedrock... I mean... What?

But, I do want to do a Walker Snow run:cheer: Hopefully there will be enough snow that we can get past that upper gate. Then we could get into some epic snow wheeling:masturbanana[1]:

Damn, I need bigger tires.:booo:

Will there really be snow? Thinking about tagging along on this one, I really like that area and it'd be fun to see it in the snow! What's the danger of a fast ride to the bottom? I seem to remember a couple of hairy cliffs on the way up?

I should be able to make this date. Looking forward to meeting more people from the forum. Non street legal rigs are good for this one right?

Got this alert this morning....

..A SWITCH TO AN ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN WILL OCCUR THE END OF THIS WEEK... ...THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OF THE SEASON IS POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS LATE THIS WEEKEND OR EARLY NEXT WEEK...THE DRY AND TRANQUIL WEATHER OF LATE WILL COME TO AN END THURSDAY. THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF PACIFIC STORMS WILL BRING A THREAT OF RAIN TO THE AREA THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY. THIS SYSTEM WILL BE FAIRLY WEAK...WITH MUCH OF THE ACTION STAYING TO OUR NORTH. ANOTHER WEAK SYSTEM WILL PASS MAINLY TO OUR SOUTH ON SATURDAY.
ALAS...THE STORM TO WATCH WILL BE THE ONE DUE TO AFFECT THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY. THIS SYSTEM PROMISES TO BRING A PERIOD OF LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN TO THE AREA AS WELL AS WINDY CONDITIONS. THIS STORM WILL BE FAST MOVING...WITH THE FRONT EXPECTED TO SWEEP ACROSS WESTERN WASHINGTON DURING THE DAY SUNDAY.
THE STRONG FRONT WILL USHER IN A COLDER AIR MASS...RESULTING IN SNOW LEVELS FALLING TO NEAR 3500 FEET BY EARLY MONDAY. THUS SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED TO IMPACT ALL OF THE MAJOR CASCADE PASSES. STRONG AND MOIST WESTERLY FLOW COMBINED WITH AN UNSTABLE AIR MASS COULD RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IN THE MOUNTAINS...ESPECIALLY THE CASCADES...SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY.
THOSE PLANNING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES...ESPECIALLY IN THE MOUNTAINS... SHOULD STAY TUNED TO THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ON THIS UPCOMING EVENT. BE PREPARED FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF WINTRY WEATHER CONDITIONS IN THE MOUNTAINS LATE THIS WEEKEND AND EARLY NEXT WEEK.

Yup! Sorta why I was thinking the 30th/31st would be better. but the newest models are indicating a dry halloween weekend, so we might still be good for the 6th. It all depends on if it warms up or not.

But at 3500ft, its going to be a fun trip. I'm still hoping to make it to the top, but its looking like it could be difficult if we get another big system (other than the sun-tues one) between now and the 6th.

yah the Twin lakes run is pretty, and shouldn't damage your vehicle...

Update, snow has fallen! there is about 12" of snow right now near the 4000ft mark, and about 24" near 5000. So the 6th should prove to be an interesting time on the switchbacks!