• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3 swap

I would like to take a moment to thank GM from the bottom of my heart for using a VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND %$#@%@#$ CONSISTENT NAMING SCHEME ON THEIR BLOODY SCHEMATICS.

How many different ways can YOU say "ground" or "12v+"? :wtf: :mad: :haha: :mad: :haha:

Make sure the silverado computer is from a 4.3 motor and not a 5.7

They are the same except the 5.7 crank trigger is a 4x signal and the 4.3 is a 3x signal.

It would start and run 3-4 seconds and die. Start it back up and the same thing happens. The timing is moving out of range beacuase the signal is wrong.

(from experience)

GaryTJ said:
Make sure the silverado computer is from a 4.3 motor and not a 5.7
It is. :D Theoretically I should be able to plug it in as is and go, but...
They are the same except the 5.7 crank trigger is a 4x signal and the 4.3 is a 3x signal.

It would start and run 3-4 seconds and die. Start it back up and the same thing happens. The timing is moving out of range beacuase the signal is wrong.

(from experience)
Nice! :haha: I'm considering buying a tuning setup that will allow me to completely reflash and reconfigure the computer myself. Since I'm planning on doing a similar swap with my cruiser, and would like to be more precise with the tune. Not just a generic one size fits all stock tune if you know what I mean. From what I've been reading it's actually very easy to do, as well as completely getting rid of VATS/Passkey and etc. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

crash said:
I say be different and go with a mega squirt control module :;
BWAAAAAAAAAABAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA Hate to say it but funny thing I'm reading.... Those 96-7 guys are dumping their computers in favor of the one I'm using. :flipoff:

skrause said:
I would like to take a moment to thank GM from the bottom of my heart for using a VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND %$#@%@#$ CONSISTENT NAMING SCHEME ON THEIR BLOODY SCHEMATICS.

How many different ways can YOU say "ground" or "12v+"? :wtf: :mad: :haha: :mad: :haha:

Keeps me busy :;

crash said:
Keeps me busy :;
I believe it. I hated it at first but I really am getting to like the idea of a dedicated ground for every sensor etc that goes all the way back to the computer, same for power. Makes it really easy to peel out the stuff I don't want without destroying it, and so I can put it back in later if I discover I shouldn't have taken it out. :haha: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Shane,

Sounds like you've got a good project on your hands. Did you already buy the AA adaptor? Just wondering if you're sold on sticking with the toyota transmission and transfer case? You could put the adaptor money towards GM drivetrain parts.

mad chemist said:
Shane,

Sounds like you've got a good project on your hands. Did you already buy the AA adaptor? Just wondering if you're sold on sticking with the toyota transmission and transfer case? You could put the adaptor money towards GM drivetrain parts.
Nope, not yet. Found another place selling it for $5 less so if I can't get that coupon to work then no big deal. Waiting to figure out what clutch and flywheel I want to go with. I already have a R151 and matching transfer for the 23 spline input gear under my bench, it can take a mildly tuned 4.3 no problem. I want to stick with the Toy transmission on the pickup, the cruiser will be getting a 4500 behind a 350.

Latest posts