• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4:30s front and 4:56 rear

Dirt700

Anyone have this combo, front hp60 has the factory 430s. I thought about regearing rear to 456. The that is gonna setup my gears suggested it. The original plan was 4:88s

Unless you're the guy traveling to all the county fairs taking money at the mud pit, this is probably not a good idea. booyang Just run the same gearing.

Forbanger said:
Unless you're the guy traveling to all the county fairs taking money at the mud pit, this is probably not a good idea. booyang Just run the same gearing.

I agree.

10-4, I think I will end up being happier with 4:88s, and the guy putting in gears should be also, it make his paycheck a little bigger

I'd put 4.56 in the rear only. Leave 4.30 in the front

I'd bet a dollar that it will handle better in virtually all situations

Plus if you decide to run cut 44 Boggers, V treads, bolted turf tires, whatever in the rear (ever) then you'll be back to 1:1 also.

I'm assuming you are planning to run 43 SX....

TBItoy said:
I'd put 4.56 in the rear only. Leave 4.30 in the front

I'd bet a dollar that it will handle better in virtually all situations

Plus if you decide to run cut 44 Boggers, V treads, bolted turf tires, whatever in the rear (ever) then you'll be back to 1:1 also.

I'm assuming you are planning to run 43 SX....
It has 43s, I don't really plan on racing, just trail riding

kmcminn said:
I would go to a lower gear if anything a 4.56 or 4.10
I'm not about doing it now, if I do it will be 4:56 rear, that way if I don't like it I can just change front to match. I probably should just stick to original plan and run 4:88s

Dirt700 said:
It has 43s, I don't really plan on racing, just trail riding

What diffs? Spool rear? Front steer only?

I was thinking low speed handling actually, like crawling around tight turns and stuff,

TBItoy said:
What diffs? Spool rear? Front steer only?

I was thinking low speed handling actually, like crawling around tight turns and stuff,
Spools front and rear, only front steer

Mine are 4.56 with a 3 to 1 case. If first was any lower it would be useless. I use 2nd the most

Mine's 5.13 with a 4.3 case...

Stupid low, don't do it.

I'd do 4.56 or 4.88. I'm not sure there is a hugely perceptible difference.

BUG-E J said:
Mine are 4.56 with a 3 to 1 case. If first was any lower it would be useless. I use 2nd the most
I'm fine with 4.56, just didn't know if it would work with the 4:30s. My rear right now is 4:10

Bebop said:
Mine's 5.13 with a 4.3 case...

Stupid low, don't do it.

I'd do 4.56 or 4.88. I'm not sure there is a hugely perceptible difference.
The main reason I picked 4:88 was for the 10" ring gear

kmcminn said:
Crawl with first. Bang with second?
Yeah it actually does good in first but goes straight to the limiter if you go over half throttle

kmcminn said:
4.10 and 4 56 are stronger than the 4.88s
Definitely, I'm not sure if 4:10s and 3:0 tcase would be very good,and seems like it would add stress to the rest of drive train. It would be easier to do tho since rear is already 410.