• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4:30s front and 4:56 rear

Dirt700

Anyone have this combo, front hp60 has the factory 430s. I thought about regearing rear to 456. The that is gonna setup my gears suggested it. The original plan was 4:88s

Unless you're the guy traveling to all the county fairs taking money at the mud pit, this is probably not a good idea. booyang Just run the same gearing.

Forbanger said:
Unless you're the guy traveling to all the county fairs taking money at the mud pit, this is probably not a good idea. booyang Just run the same gearing.

I agree.

10-4, I think I will end up being happier with 4:88s, and the guy putting in gears should be also, it make his paycheck a little bigger

I'd put 4.56 in the rear only. Leave 4.30 in the front

I'd bet a dollar that it will handle better in virtually all situations

Plus if you decide to run cut 44 Boggers, V treads, bolted turf tires, whatever in the rear (ever) then you'll be back to 1:1 also.

I'm assuming you are planning to run 43 SX....

TBItoy said:
I'd put 4.56 in the rear only. Leave 4.30 in the front

I'd bet a dollar that it will handle better in virtually all situations

Plus if you decide to run cut 44 Boggers, V treads, bolted turf tires, whatever in the rear (ever) then you'll be back to 1:1 also.

I'm assuming you are planning to run 43 SX....
It has 43s, I don't really plan on racing, just trail riding

kmcminn said:
I would go to a lower gear if anything a 4.56 or 4.10
I'm not about doing it now, if I do it will be 4:56 rear, that way if I don't like it I can just change front to match. I probably should just stick to original plan and run 4:88s

Dirt700 said:
It has 43s, I don't really plan on racing, just trail riding

What diffs? Spool rear? Front steer only?

I was thinking low speed handling actually, like crawling around tight turns and stuff,

TBItoy said:
What diffs? Spool rear? Front steer only?

I was thinking low speed handling actually, like crawling around tight turns and stuff,
Spools front and rear, only front steer

Mine are 4.56 with a 3 to 1 case. If first was any lower it would be useless. I use 2nd the most

Mine's 5.13 with a 4.3 case...

Stupid low, don't do it.

I'd do 4.56 or 4.88. I'm not sure there is a hugely perceptible difference.

BUG-E J said:
Mine are 4.56 with a 3 to 1 case. If first was any lower it would be useless. I use 2nd the most
I'm fine with 4.56, just didn't know if it would work with the 4:30s. My rear right now is 4:10

Bebop said:
Mine's 5.13 with a 4.3 case...

Stupid low, don't do it.

I'd do 4.56 or 4.88. I'm not sure there is a hugely perceptible difference.
The main reason I picked 4:88 was for the 10" ring gear

kmcminn said:
Crawl with first. Bang with second?
Yeah it actually does good in first but goes straight to the limiter if you go over half throttle

kmcminn said:
4.10 and 4 56 are stronger than the 4.88s
Definitely, I'm not sure if 4:10s and 3:0 tcase would be very good,and seems like it would add stress to the rest of drive train. It would be easier to do tho since rear is already 410.

Latest posts