• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3L wiring for 1995 astro Van

Grama

So here is the deal. I suck at wiring and have come to the point, which i know i am gonna dread the most. So I am doing my best you just gotta hang with me. I have searched through the internet and my answers are howell harness/painless/etc. or go the wazz and crash route and build my own. Im with wazz and crash on this one even though i should go the easy way out.

So here goes. Motor has almost ever pluged filled.
Parts which are hooked up

Fuel Pump Relay (right cowl, above blower motor)
Fuel Pump/Oil Presure switch (top rear of engine, near distributor)
Variable tuning control relay (engine compartment right side of cowl)
Variable tuning control soleniod(center top of intake manifold)
Heated oxygen sensor
Manifold absolute pressure sensor (left side of plenum)
Throttle position sensor (top left front of engine)
Engine Coolent Tempature Sensor (front of engine)
Distributor assembly
Idle Control Valve (top front of engine near a/c Compressor)
Linear EGR soleniod (top Front of engine)
Knock Sensor (both left and right of cylinder head)

Parts/wires not yet hooked up
Fuel Pump and sender (using a e2000 pump)
Evaporative canister purge solenoid (would like to get rid of)
intake air tempature sensor (homemade intake need to add the IAT in the intake duct
Vehicle speed sensor (possible grounding so its in park all the time?)
Data Link connector (cant find this guy)
Brake Fuse/TCC/Brake Switch (Can i bypass this?)

Below are some picture that i hope you can look through and tell me whats what and where it needs to go.

The code on the PCM
Serv. No 16197427 BNBH
*86BNBHK643560666

Unknown Plug #1
picture014uc4.jpg

Last edited:
Another unknown - I was thinking this goes incab. Green a/c compressor clutch, one of the purples tcc/brake switch, tan seatbelt sensor, etc
picture042yo6.jpg

Another view
picture043ss6.jpg

Another unknown plug "single brown wire is alternator (needs a resistor put in line)"
picture054ao2.jpg

Last edited:
3 wire plug in pic.1 looks like Oxygen senser (o2).
Little 2 wire plug in picture just above your motor compartment picture looks like it is your coolant temp sensor plug. What colors are the 2 wires?

edit- you say you have the coolant temp hooked up, it could aslo be the intake air temp sensor.

Last edited:
Last pic. of Data Link- those wires should hook up to your data link connector that is usually under the dash. Where do the other ends of those wires go? To the puter, or are those coming from the data link?

pic with wires that you think go "in cab". You should be able to **** can all of those with the exception of maybe the pink. You will have to see where that goes, but it "might" be giving ignition power to the ecu. Pink is generally ignition power.

pic with 3 wires (one orange and 2 pink). Once again, orange ALWAYS goes to battery, pink needs to go to ignition, pink with black was probably an ignition feed wire to the gauges. In other words, that pink with black will have power in it when the ignition is on.

"Brake Fuse/TCC/Brake Switch (Can i bypass this?)"

Yup, cut it off and throw it away. Also, VSS doesn't control any usefull functions on this motor. Cut it off and throw it away.

Trevor said:
3 wire plug in pic.1 looks like Oxygen senser (o2).
Little 2 wire plug in picture just above your motor compartment picture looks like it is your coolant temp sensor plug. What colors are the 2 wires?

edit- you say you have the coolant temp hooked up, it could aslo be the intake air temp sensor.

Coolant temp sensor will also have a yellow/black wires.

That rig should have a 4 wire o2 sensor but what are the colors and I can double check.

crash said:
Coolant temp sensor will also have a yellow/black wires.

That rig should have a 4 wire o2 sensor but what are the colors and I can double check.

It could be a 3 or 4 wire Mike. Jason's has a 3 wire on his 95 CPI motor.