• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

43" SX Sticky vs Non Sticky

1TONTJ

Amateur Hardcore
I'm about to drop some coin on a set of either of these and can't decide to go sticky or not.

I'm more concerned about how the softer compound will hold up to the sharp a** rocks in Hot Springs since that's where I wheel most.

I really want the stickies but the price difference is about $200 a tire.

Opinions please...

1TONTJ said:
I'm about to drop some coin on a set of either of these and can't decide to go sticky or not.

I'm more concerned about how the softer compound will hold up to the sharp a** rocks in Hot Springs since that's where I wheel most.

I really want the stickies but the price difference is about $200 a tire.

Opinions please...
Go with the TSL stickies i have been running a set for a year now but when they were brand new we did a TN cut on them and now they show alot of wear but I ride some wear about ever week another guy bought some the same time as me but did not cut them and we ride together and his still has over 85 % left and show very little rock rash. I just bought a new set on sat. and i will not cut them by for the stickies we have ran both and the stickies do alot better

I run Hot Springs on occasion with two guys that both run two stickies each. Long story short, one ordered four regs but got three regs and a sticky. So, they ordered three stickies and a reg for the other. They both run two to make it 'fair' and so they can't blame the stickies when one makes an obstacle and the other does not.

All that being said, you can definitely tell which tires are stickies. They have worn much much faster than the regs. Depending on how deep your pockets go, how often you wheel, and how much wheel speed you like will determine which is better for you. My vote is regs for Hot Springs.

I'm running the stickies for the first time. You won't believe the difference until you try them.
Especially when they're wet.

If you're going stickies better have good shafts in your axles, they're hard on parts.

Buddy of mine told me rumors of the newer Intero stickies were bad about tearing chucks out of the lugs...anyone have any experience with this?

1TONTJ said:
I'm hearing that the 17's burp air a lot below 10 psi. I guess if I ran non stickies I'd go back to H1 wheels.
That's what I heard as well. I'm running MRW double bead locks at 6.5 psi.

I've got the stickie ones spinning them alot it does round the lugs off pretty fast but the extra traction is deff worth it! I run raceline beadlocks with nothing on the inner bead with around 5-6 lbs in the rear and 8 in the front I haven't had one to lose any air yet but I have bent a bl ring on one wheel and the inner lip of another! My op I'd go with the stickies !

I will tell you to get a set of BFG REDS instead,,,,, go and try to crawl BOAT RAMP with a set of STICKY SX,s and then bolt on some BFG REDS and you WILL crawl up it ,,,,

BUT,,,,,if yer not wantin them fer OOZIN up baddass rock obstacles & yer just gonna be "BOUNCIN" up **** just get the regular compound SX,s and LET ER EAT :woot:

;D

1TONTJ said:
I'm hearing that the 17's burp air a lot below 10 psi. I guess if I ran non stickies I'd go back to H1 wheels.
Yea, Scott Lang had a set on his red jeep, And he had to run lots of air in them or they would run off the wheel, but they would go

Well, I ordered up some non stickies today. My decision was based on the fact that I couldn't bear to see my new $700 tires chewed up by the rocks in Hot Springs.

I don't know how many of you folks have ever wheeled up there but the rocks are like razors. Water just acts like a cutting lubricant. :****:

I may regret it later but my wallet thanks me now! ;D

1TONTJ said:
Well, I ordered up some non stickies today. My decision was based on the fact that I couldn't bear to see my new $700 tires chewed up by the rocks in Hot Springs.

I don't know how many of you folks have ever wheeled up there but the rocks are like razors. Water just acts like a cutting lubricant. :****:

I may regret it later but my wallet thanks me now! ;D
I think that was a good decision thumb.gif

I have pushed my buggy on stickies about 6 feet across the shop floor and so far they still look like new. ;D

I'm ordering a set of SX stickies today. I hope they are worth it. I feel certain they will make me smile!!!

Aside from the coin, I'm concerned about shortened life span and expedited wear....I've never had a set. Anyone out there have a comparison of life span between reg. tread and stickies?