• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

44 axles?

JEEParon

well im looking to finally lock up my front 44, and with that im definately gonna be needing to upgrade from my stock axles. whats the best bang for the buck for upgraded 44 axles. yukon? warns? if anybody could chime in thats had experience with some of them. also include what kind of rig and tire size youve got...

thanks

I run cut down chey axles(no taper) with spicer ujoints and have no issues. I do wheel the rig somewhat hard and not afraid of the pedal when needed. Running a 33" 12.5. If your gonna upgrade the axle then do the joints as well. Some of the companys offer a pretty good warrenty if you use all their parts. If your gonna run a large tire and heavy foot then save your money and just build a 60 because no matter what you do to the 44 there will always be a weak link if you like the bigger tires:booo:

I run cut down chey axles(no taper) with spicer ujoints and have no issues. I do wheel the rig somewhat hard and not afraid of the pedal when needed. Running a 33" 12.5. If your gonna upgrade the axle then do the joints as well. Some of the companys offer a pretty good warrenty if you use all their parts. If your gonna run a large tire and heavy foot then save your money and just build a 60 because no matter what you do to the 44 there will always be a weak link if you like the bigger tires:booo:

im running 36" iroks right now and i dont plan on going any bigger for quite a while. once that time comes i will being looking into a 60 or a front 9" but thats a ways down the road

Wait until you break your stock shafts.

I've got 40" MTRs on stock Ford shafts with very low gears and lockers. Probably a dozen runs on them with out breaking a shaft. Took it through the mainline in the Rock Garden at Reiter yesterday without any trouble.

Do your self a favor and run a ARB on the front that way your shafts will last way longer even stockers, I ran a D44 with a ARB in my toyota with 38.5 SX's and I beat that thing but the ARB kept me from breaking a lot.

IMHO running a detroit in a front D44 is dumb I have seen a lot of my friends do it and watched them break **** all the time.

Do your self a favor and run a ARB on the front that way your shafts will last way longer even stockers, I ran a D44 with a ARB in my toyota with 38.5 SX's and I beat that thing but the ARB kept me from breaking a lot.

IMHO running a detroit in a front D44 is dumb I have seen a lot of my friends do it and watched them break **** all the time.

Really? Im running detroit and never had aproblem.

What are you running and where ???

But I do keep foregetting that most wheelers out here don't rockcrawl that much (some even think 100 yards of rocks is crawling :rolleyes:) so in that case I stand correted :haha:

X2 on the Yukons/Jantz joints...36 iroks and heavy 37 toyo tires and no breakage so far :awesomework: Although I have been on and off with having a locker in the front.

Best bang for your buck

Yukons/super joints......

But remember its still a 44 and just be smart with it---thats why alot of guys are able to keep them alive...

Latest posts