• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

44" tsl on 15x8 rim

tnford88

I recently got some overstock beadlocks from allied that I mounted my 42" iroks on and they are working great but I want to move up to a 44" tsl. If it was a 10" wide rim I wouldn't hesitate but just thought someone might have experience.

44 really need a 12 in wheel, even at 3-4 pounds of air, a 44 swamper is only riding on the 2 pieces of tread on the center part of the tire,, at low speed the full tire may have contact with the ground, but if you are stuck on a rock and are spinning the tires, you can see the tire only touch the ground with the center ribs of the tire.
i have 12 inch wide beadlocks.
this was my experience

People run 44 tsl and boggers (wider) on stock hummer wheels without issues. You'll be fine.

I always like skinny wheels. They squeeze the tires in making them skinnier which makes them climb better. Right now I have a set of 44x18.5 boggers on a stock 6" chevy wheel with weld on beadlocks making them about 8" wide.

Re: Re: 44" tsl on 15x8 rim

2f7f89a51413ddd9bef43255f3f089e4.jpg

Here is what they look like on the 8" wide beadlocks, not too bad. So I figured couple more inches (bout 2" each side of wheel) wouldn't hurt. Also this is a 100% trail rig so tread wear is non issue. Thanks for the help guys.