• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4inch exhaust pro's and con's

1 grumpy

well just picked up the tube and will be putting it on the truck tomarrow from the down pipe back no muffler and was wondering what to expect beside's it being louder that is.Will it help my exhaust temp's? will the turbo spool faster?the truck is a 93 dodge diesel stock but with 3200 gov spring installed..

Last edited:
it sounds bad ass, 4" on the ol red truck lowered the temps a bit. you need more fuel to get that big ol lagmaster turbo to spool!:flipoff:

turn the screws!

put some fuel to her and let her run should run cooler egt's will be a lot louder when you get on it.. biggest problem on stock system is downpipe it needs to be changed to obtain best performance

your downpipe will be the most important part look at here.
get a BIG downpipe.

Buddy has a ctd with everything tweaked to the hilt, without buying any aftermarket stuff, with a 5" exhaust. It will pull hard and fast when you want it to, but I refuse to ride with him. The sound is so loud, you can't have a conversation in the truck. Then the headaches! :mad:

But his dumps out in front of the right rear tire!

Buddy has a ctd with everything tweaked to the hilt, without buying any aftermarket stuff, with a 5" exhaust. It will pull hard and fast when you want it to, but I refuse to ride with him. The sound is so loud, you can't have a conversation in the truck. Then the headaches! :mad:

But his dumps out in front of the right rear tire!

yeah mine has got a humm too it but it goes out behind the rear tire