• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4l60e school me on it

its the electronicly controlled version of a 700r4
if i recall by the time they introduced it , they took care of most of the early problems.
as far as what can you do? they dont wash windows, or vaccume floors.. what are you wanting it to do?

its the electronicly controlled version of a 700r4
if i recall by the time they introduced it , they took care of most of the early problems.
as far as what can you do? they dont wash windows, or vaccume floors.. what are you wanting it to do?

i wanna wheel it but i dont know anything about it like is it a pile? would it work for a while? so on and so on :awesomework

Last edited:
I have one behind an LT1 in a corvette. Lasted 160k before it needed its first rebuild and I drove the car like a vette needs to be driven. FWIW.

I have one behind an LT1 in a corvette. Lasted 160k before it needed its first rebuild and I drove the car like a vette needs to be driven. FWIW.

And in anything heavier or getting worked hard (like the billions of Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans, 1/2T trucks they came in), they don't last that long without some work. I've known a lot of people that had rebuilds before hitting 75K.

A shift kit to firm up the shifts and a harder valve body separator plate (keeps the check balls from wearing and sticking into it) seem to help with that from what I've heard.

I have one in my jeep behind a 4.3L. I haven't wheeled it much, life getting in the way, but I like it other then if you leave it in drive it will upshift faster then I would like. So I shift it through the gears manually. When I talked to my trany guy he said that they are known for that and if you put a shift kit in or up the pressure it would help.

...I've known a lot of people that had rebuilds before hitting 75K...

Are you kidding me? makes me think you hang out with people that tow 20k pound trailers with half tons.

Now back to the topic, the trans should perform well in stock form and under 350hp it will last you as long as the motor in front of it if you keep it properly cooled and the fluid clean, you can get all the same goodies for it that you can get for a 700R4 or a TH350.