• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4link kit

Bunk said:
I have hard of plenty of 9/16ths bolts(thru bolt on Jonny joints) breaking. Many from briejer. While thats a extreme example(sorry robin) i think it should be a big consideration in building a rig. I have not hogged mine out to 5/8ths yet, but if i ever break a 9/16ths bolt i will document the whole scene and let ya'll decide.

Robin breaks the bolts on 5/8" heims in a double shear load too so what's your point? If Robin can break them then they are no good?

I don't take into consideration what Robin breaks when I'm building my rig, especially since I was running JJ's before Robin even started wheeling up in this area.

Lets see, V8 w/300ft/lb of torque multiplied by the crawl ratio of 158:1 = 47400ft/lb divided by 2 (2 diffs) = 23700ft/lb possible at each diff.

No broken 9/16" bolts in 5-6 years with this setup

I hate bustin your chops Joe but you couldn't be more wrong.

Jobless said:
Hey there Einstien...I have them on both ends of the fronts with ZERO trinagulation as well :rolleyes:

Oh...and they have no slop either :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:flipoff:

dON'T you have a 3 link w/panhard on the front?

Bunk said:
I have hard of plenty of 9/16ths bolts(thru bolt on Jonny joints) breaking. Many from briejer. While thats a extreme example(sorry robin) i think it should be a big consideration in building a rig. I have not hogged mine out to 5/8ths yet, but if i ever break a 9/16ths bolt i will document the whole scene and let ya'll decide.

I think the 9/16's bolts are fine and I haven't seen any of them break yet.

But here is an interesting question. will a 9/16 hole whallo(sp) out faster than a 5/8" hole?

Jobless said:
Yep....no triangulation with JJ's.

The pan hard bar has 3/4 chromo heims on each end...and guess what...they have slop

What controls your side to side movement of your lowers

Oh ya--your panhard=no need for triangulation :rolleyes:

crash said:

How about the Warn XCL setup I had on the rear previously with the same JJ's...they didn't have slop then and they don't have slop know and the XCL kit had less triangulation in the rear than I have now.

You can't really say anything bad about the Currie JJ's...I've been running them too long and in too many different configurations for you to attempt to tell me different.

There are brands of JJ's out there that are far shittier than the Currie's that don't hold up though.

crash said:

with a 4 link that has the right triangulation on the uppers and lowers this is not an issue:;

when I thought about the pros and cons for heims verses jj this is what maid my decision.......

1. The Price is cheaper for jj mainly because I dont trust and heim smaller than 1 inch
2. The jj is rebuildable and in the enviroment that we wheel in we all know that our trucks see alot of water and mud 3. Hiems get real sqeaky and I like creeping through our trails quietly:kiss:
4. The jj outter shell only cost me 10.00 if I want to make new links.
5. Jason C thinks my jj hold me back on the trail and I love proving him wrong:flipoff:

sarg said:
with a 4 link that has the right triangulation on the uppers and lowers this is not an issue:;

Exatcly

Its not an issue really with less triangulation but it does cause side to side movement..

Jobless said:
Robin breaks the bolts on 5/8" heims in a double shear load too so what's your point? If Robin can break them then they are no good?

I don't take into consideration what Robin breaks when I'm building my rig, especially since I was running JJ's before Robin even started wheeling up in this area.

Lets see, V8 w/300ft/lb of torque multiplied by the crawl ratio of 158:1 = 47400ft/lb divided by 2 (2 diffs) = 23700ft/lb possible at each diff.

No broken 9/16" bolts in 5-6 years with this setup

I hate bustin your chops Joe but you couldn't be more wrong.

Dont worry, Ive thought about you running em forever as well. I figured i would run em and see what happens. I have very few "weak links" on my rig and i concider the 9/16ths one of em, So we shall see. Really, Im less concerned about it now.

sarg said:

5. Jason C thinks my jj hold me back on the trail and I love proving him wrong:flipoff:

What do you mean "right triangulation" on uppers and lowers? Are you talking about what you read on pirate? do you think "desert toys" 4 link design on your rig is the best?

on the # 5 comment...... Well how can you disagree. I mean your on the rev limiter and fighting a trail....... While I idle through. :flipoff:

Jason C said:
What do you mean "right triangulation" on uppers and lowers? Are you talking about what you read on pirate? do you think "desert toys" 4 link design on your rig is the best?

your the buggy buisness owner you tell us why "your design" is the best choice. :D

Jason C said:
on the # 5 comment...... Well how can you disagree. I mean your on the rev limiter and fighting a trail....... While I idle through. :flipoff:

its my driving style :haha:

This side to side movement that you all talk about..... Is that the whole axle moving left to right in the rig or is this some other type of movement?

Jason C said:
LIAR!!! your just too proud to admit your jonnys hold you back. :flipoff:

Its true I wouldnt let any my friends use them but I always recomend them to fellow board members in hopes that I will see them on the trail getting held back because of there johnny joints:booo:

Latest posts