• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4link kit

81yota1

I was eyeballing offroad solutions 4 link kit and I have a few questions. It gives me a price with heims and johnny joints and im wondering the pros and cons between them or if their are any?

81yota said:
heims and johnny joints and im wondering the pros and cons between them or if their are any?

This has never been gone over before. Should be a interesting thread right here.:flipoff:

sick_boy said:
you can be like bunk and over kill the fawk out of it. the pro to it is that it wont break. the con is that its way more costly

How would you know??:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Jonny joints are bigger and tougher to package and have a small thru bolt that needs to be modded bigger. Huge heims are kewl. 1/2 wall lowers and yer a happy camper.

81yota said:
I was eyeballing offroad solutions 4 link kit and I have a few questions. It gives me a price with heims and johnny joints and im wondering the pros and cons between them or if their are any?

I am not a big fan of that kit myself.

Hiems take up less room but are a little louder where johnny joints are the opposite. PLus you usually get a little side to side movement out of a johnny joint...

Bunk said:
Jonny joints are bigger and tougher to package and have a small thru bolt that needs to be modded bigger.

The bolt don't need to be modded bigger

Who told you that ****?

My little JJ bolts have held tough for about 6+ years now...but I'm just running a grocery getter back & fourth the coffee stand

crash said:
PLus you usually get a little side to side movement out of a johnny joint...

I don't know what POS brand you are reffering too but I can tell you just like I've told everyone my Johnny's have no slop...especially side to side.

There is only one down side to runny JJ's....and it's becasue of the extra real estate they take up when finding a place to mount them.

I've used Johnnys on two rigs, one is DD/ wheeler Toy on 35s. They have been in for about 3 years he loves them 0 problems. The other is a Jeep with a 60 & 14 bolt, Clune, 205 and 44s. He also loves them. The only one to suffer was me putting them together an like jobless said mounting space. My .02 they work great if you have the room:D

Jobless said:
I don't know what POS brand you are reffering too but I can tell you just like I've told everyone my Johnny's have no slop...especially side to side.

There is only one down side to runny JJ's....and it's becasue of the extra real estate they take up when finding a place to mount them.

You have alot more tri-anglation in your uppers :rolleyes: causing what :rolleyes: Thats right and since there is a bit of polly inside them what does that cause when you have "very" little tri-angulation on your uppers...

My Johnny Joints are about 6 years old and are holding up fine. And, No the bolts do not have to be "modded" they are fine.

My ft suspension is a three link and all the rotational force of the front axle is held by one 7/16th's bolt and it is fine. Plenty strong enough to bust axles on a regular basis.

crash said:
Hiems take up less room but are a little louder

The hiems on my TJ are really loud, everyone that rides with me asks "What's all that clunking noise?" I just tell them that is what flex sounds like. :clappy:

crash said:
You have alot more tri-anglation in your uppers :rolleyes: causing what :rolleyes: Thats right and since there is a bit of polly inside them what does that cause when you have "very" little tri-angulation on your uppers...

I'm not sure but I don't think he has triangulated uppers:D

darius said:
I'm not sure but I don't think he has triangulated uppers:D

More than I do --let me re-phrase that--He has more than I have on my uppers which helps dispurse side loads through all 8 joints rather than 4 like mine. I have seen my identical setup with johnny joints (good ones) and due to the little amount of polly that is in them they do cause "more" side to side shift of the axle than my hiems have :;

I have hard of plenty of 9/16ths bolts(thru bolt on Jonny joints) breaking. Many from briejer. While thats a extreme example(sorry robin) i think it should be a big consideration in building a rig. I have not hogged mine out to 5/8ths yet, but if i ever break a 9/16ths bolt i will document the whole scene and let ya'll decide.

crash said:

Hey there Einstien...I have them on both ends of the fronts with ZERO trinagulation as well :rolleyes:

Oh...and they have no slop either :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:flipoff: