• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4link Nissan?

yota8

Im wondering how hard it is to do a 4link on my petfinder? i have an 88' Se
All i know is to get a drivers side drop d44
I really wanna put a straight axle in... if anybody can run me by some info that would be much appreciated, and how long would it take? how much money? Maybe if anybody could help me im kinda ignorant on the 4link setup :awesomework: Thanks bulmer

those are alot of loaded questions bud.

do you want full width? do what size tire do you want to run?

The 4 link itself is not too hard. The front, is a PITA, but you can run waggy 44's and a Waggy 44 up front and keep the rear H233B and long arm it.(they flex wicked stock!). Thats the cheapest route

Or you can go my rout.. My rear end is worhth over 3500 alone.

those are alot of loaded questions bud.

do you want full width? do what size tire do you want to run?

The 4 link itself is not too hard. The front, is a PITA, but you can run waggy 44's and a Waggy 44 up front and keep the rear H233B and long arm it.(they flex wicked stock!). Thats the cheapest route

Or you can go my rout.. My rear end is worhth over 3500 alone.

Yah, i heard the rear is strong... ya the waggy 44 way sounds good, how much do those usually run? i wanna get all the parts i need first... but then again i just am trying to find the space, no welder, or torch ect. i would probably pay if someone helped me... idk how much it would cost :cool:

i wanna run 36" irocks no full width

hmmm... ive been talking to other people.. it will be cheaper to just do leafs... what would be the best leafs you would think to use?

nissan front conversion

Im doing a waggy 44 , however waggy 44's drop on the passenger side. I am pondering two things, a 2 wd transmission with a divorced np205 to get my rh drop or just putting it behind my stock 4x4 unit to get my doubler also. Leaf spring is way cheaper and easier. The hardest part is cutting all the ifs crap out . Calmini has the sas stuff for like $230 . you get the forward bar with hangers for $100 and the rear bell shackle kit for $130. Toy rears give you a better approach angle or buy all pro axle forward springs . Basically the whole setup is based on yota springs. certain waggy springs give 7 inches or so of lift and flex awesome. My friend kyle rolled his yota in a parking lot doing 15mph with waggys front and rear. Check out nissan4wheelers.com also . they are all in az but they have some good advise. As far as rear ends go . Leave the stock one , put in cherokee springs , cut off the sway bars and get 14 inch travel shocks. The top of the rear tire will drop below your body all together once you do this. Check aout calmini , they have spools , gears, and other nissan stuff. The small cherokee dana 30's drop on the drivers side , downfall is its a 30. I hear you can beef themup though. This is where the jeep guys can help. If you get any other cool ideas let me know. I have a family now so the 4 door monster is getting built.:awesomework:

y not just get a grand waggy d44 with the drivers side drop? i myself am going to narrow up a ford high pinion housing, and use some of the chevy outers i have laying around. will probably go with coils, but leafs are cheap and plentyful....

drivers side waggy?

where do you get these? are they older than the waggy axle i have? mine drops on the passenger side? I would way rather drop on the left and get the calmini gear kit. the narrow track waggy 44 is the same width as the ifs on mine, is the one you are talking of also 59 inches? I mainly want the 6 lug to stay and the width to be right.

where do you get these? are they older than the waggy axle i have? mine drops on the passenger side? I would way rather drop on the left and get the calmini gear kit. the narrow track waggy 44 is the same width as the ifs on mine, is the one you are talking of also 59 inches? I mainly want the 6 lug to stay and the width to be right.

You need to do some more investigating. . . different years and makes and model of any vehicle will give all types of different setups including axles trannys engines etc. . . Especially in a fullsize jeep. You can get 8 lug axles 1/2 ton axles 44's amc 20, drives drop, passenger drop, fulltime, part time tranfercase. . .

You can also have a fullsize axle to your exact disired length and it doesn't cost or take much to do it:cool: I would run leaf springs first learn your rig and learn to wheel before you for right to all the blingin badass hardware:awesomework:

You could run waggy leafs in the front and 63in chevies in the rear and gain and very nice increase in travel and flex:cool: If you wanna link your rear? www.polyperformance.com sells a universal fourlink kit for around $700 is all you need is coil or air shocks or sumthing:cool: You just need to get a good solid idea of what you want to do, what you want your truck to do, and what type of wheeling you intend to do:beer:

Good luck:awesomework: I am really looking forward to see what you decide to do and how it turns out:cool:

You need to do some more investigating. . . different years and makes and model of any vehicle will give all types of different setups including axles trannys engines etc. . . Especially in a fullsize jeep. You can get 8 lug axles 1/2 ton axles 44's amc 20, drives drop, passenger drop, fulltime, part time tranfercase. . .

You can also have a fullsize axle to your exact disired length and it doesn't cost or take much to do it:cool: I would run leaf springs first learn your rig and learn to wheel before you for right to all the blingin badass hardware:awesomework:

You could run waggy leafs in the front and 63in chevies in the rear and gain and very nice increase in travel and flex:cool: If you wanna link your rear? www.polyperformance.com sells a universal fourlink kit for around $700 is all you need is coil or air shocks or sumthing:cool: You just need to get a good solid idea of what you want to do, what you want your truck to do, and what type of wheeling you intend to do:beer:

Good luck:awesomework: I am really looking forward to see what you decide to do and how it turns out:cool:

were you talking to tradegy or me? :eeek:

Last edited:
yeah

Thats what i was wondering? Only been on the trail for 15 years. Had some yotas, built a k-5 mazda. Mazer on good days , Blahzda on the bad ones. Now ive got kids so im building a 4 door. Catching alot of **** over the nissan . Alot of the yota guys wont even talk to me now it seams like. The mazer made everyone go oh **** and so will the nissan when im done. good luck with your nissan's guys.

were you talking to tradegy or me? :eeek:

I'm talking to you!!!

In ur intro you state how you know mostly toyotas. . . well if you know anything about a toyota then you shouldn't have all these noob questions. . . Your only 17 your getting ahead of yourself here. You need to ask yourself some important questions before you go anyfarther

You need to decide what you want to do????
With school do I have enuff time to work to make enuff money to fund a project like this???
How much money you have to spend???
If this is your DD are you gonna be able to get it done over a weekend so you are still mobile come monday???
What do you want to do in your rig????
Body damage or no???

All these things you need to think about and consider!! If you cant afford or manage to do this to your nissan, then save up and get a rig that could be just a straight up wheeler. . . .

You need to figure out axles, tires, suspension, etc. . . . Your talking about a lot of work to do to your daily driver, and then you want to wheel it and still have a daily reliable rig. . . .

I think it would be really cool if you did build your nissan cause its different and I dont like following the crowd. . . . but at the same time you really need to think about it from all angles. . .

Sure you would have a sweet rig but the second you start wheeling it a whole new bunch of problems show up not just including regular upkeep and maintance! Look at all your choices, If you know toyotas then I would pick up a cheap straight axle yota and build that. . . :awesomework:

Thats what i was wondering? Only been on the trail for 15 years. Had some yotas, built a k-5 mazda. Mazer on good days , Blahzda on the bad ones. Now ive got kids so im building a 4 door. Catching alot of **** over the nissan . Alot of the yota guys wont even talk to me now it seams like. The mazer made everyone go oh **** and so will the nissan when im done. good luck with your nissan's guys.

I have no doubt of your ability or knowledge. . . :beer: I'm sure you know what you want and you know what you plan on doing:awesomework:

Yota8 needs to sit down and figure all those things out. . . . When you started hitting the trails and wheeling he was only 2yrs old:D He needs to think about a budget, the fact that this is his dd, school, working enuff to afford it but still be able to work on it and play in it. . . .

He has a serious amount of thinking to do before he starts buying parts:redneck:

I just didnt realize his age. Not that i care about your age yota 8 . All of my wheelin crew is under 25, some being as young as 18. I like different also , my k5 mazda was awesome. It was my first build and i had alot to learn from it. I would stick to a beater yota or cherokee. something generic like that is way cheaper and easier to get parts for. Keep the nissan around for a driver until you have more money put up for it or something breaks on it so its worth tearing it apart and building it. Im planning to tear mine apart during the summer so i can ride my motorcycle while i build the truck and have no transportation issues. I know i damn sure didnt know the first thing about wheelers at 17 though. Then wheelin was trashing my dads blazer and getting it all washed up before he got home from work.:cool: Oh i am building a nissan and wouldn't mind if you want to see mine for ideas or whatever as i move along on it.