• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom Co.) Snow Run!

japerry

Coming to whatcom county, November 19th -- the first snow run of the year up to Twin Lakes near Mt. Baker

Requirements
Tires with GOOD tread / works in the snow
Must have a license plate
at least one locker*
food
sled? snowboard for the kids? its a fun ride down if you're a passenger!

What to expect
Last year was our biggest showing by far, with almost 20 rigs ranging from locked built jeeps on 42's to a open/open stock cherokee on 31s. If we have a good range of vehicles, the ones less equipped can make it up if they stay towards the back.

This year. November 12th (Made it to lakes), November 19th (made it to 4th Switchback), November 20th 2010 (made it to the lakes), November 14th 2009 (made it 1 mile past Yellow Aster butte trail). December 15th 2008 (made it to the lakes).
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIOGweo7nso

Where? Meet up spot and Breakfast
The 'Chair 9' for breakfast at 8:00AM -- they have a 5.95 all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet! We will be DEPARTING AT 9:30AM SHARP

Directions: http://g.co/maps/f2sh3

Dinner
North Fork Brewery on the second trip was EPIC! (hehe).. just need some Jack Daniels SAUCE. Its too bad we cannot get reservations, but it seems that going there after 6pm works pretty well. After having a few beers and pizza and bullshittin, we left just before 8pm.

Who (November 12th)
We had a total of 22 rigs come, made it to the top of the lake, and made it to pizza and beer by 5pm!

Who (November 19th)
I think we got a count of 19-20 rigs? Mostly new faces from the previous week. It was great to wheel with ya all!

Photos start on Page 51!

150378_169814673039008_100000314301973_406478_4392760_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Jeep is on 31's!:fawkdancesmiley: And please note my comment in the vid! :redneck:

hahah Noted! So 31st are the threshold. =P I'm excited for this year again! =D
Also, please have some experience in the snow, as there are some sketchy spots up toward the top on the switchbacks....those lesser equipped WILL be put somewhere toward the back so the bigger tired guys can somewhat beat a path....
EDIT, I see you've spec'd at least one locker for this run...guess I can't bring the Cherokar this yr...
DBL EDIT:....is that green Cherokee-ish thing still sitting at your place Jakob??? Seems there's a certain diff under it....:stirpot:

Also, please have some experience in the snow, as there are some sketchy spots up toward the top on the switchbacks....those lesser equipped WILL be put somewhere toward the back so the bigger tired guys can somewhat beat a path....
EDIT, I see you've spec'd at least one locker for this run...guess I can't bring the Cherokar this yr...
DBL EDIT:....is that green Cherokee-ish thing still sitting at your place Jakob??? Seems there's a certain diff under it....:stirpot:

Well the caveat to a locker is that if anyone ends up on this page, they -should- have at least one locker. HOWEVER, for those who have experience in the snow and/or we have a large enough group that the unequipped can hang out in the back, 30s open/open is fine. I think it'll really depend on the people who sign up.

Is this where Sam got hassled Jacob?

Yes. hence why the bring plates ... however, I'm in talks with the road manager and I might be able to work an exception if I get this as an official event. But right now, you need to have a license plate.. BUT DO NOT NEED TO BE STREET LEGAL.

I'll have updates on that later next week.

If its not the weekend of 12-13th (Last Naches run) or 19th-20th (Seaside vacation), ill burn some fuel and tow out there:cool:

Yes. hence why the bring plates ... however, I'm in talks with the road manager and I might be able to work an exception if I get this as an official event. But right now, you need to have a license plate.. BUT DO NOT NEED TO BE STREET LEGAL.

I fit that then :awesomework:

Let us know what ya come up with. I wanna try and make it up.

This would be cool...

I have no idea how the Krawlers do in the snow, but I'm willing to find out! :cheer: