• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom Co.) Snow Run!

I'm in for this on the 12th.
I have a well equipped 09 Rubicon on 35 MTRs but am new to jeeps. Bought my Rubi in May and have been up to Walker several times. I'm a diehard skiier though so lots of snow experience in other rigs, primarily subaru or F250. Looks like fun!

I'm in for this on the 12th.
I have a well equipped 09 Rubicon on 35 MTRs but am new to jeeps. Bought my Rubi in May and have been up to Walker several times. I'm a diehard skiier though so lots of snow experience in other rigs, primarily subaru or F250. Looks like fun!

You wouldn't happen to have a spare 35x12.5R17 MTR you want to sell would you?

Can we collect firewood in this area?

Snow is currently melting below 5000' .. this is good. Because this weekend, we expect there to be about 2 feet of snow coming down between friday afternoon and saturday night.

I think we should make it to the top on Saturday.. The weekend after might be a different story. Current models are saying FEET of snow will be falling this next week.

Pretty much guaranteed that the 19th will be nothing like the 12th.

Looks like Im in for the 19th!. Hope we can make it to the top. If any other locals are interested mabye we can go early a break trail in the hope of making it up before dark.

snow is currently melting below 5000' .. This is good. Because this weekend, we expect there to be about 2 feet of snow coming down between friday afternoon and saturday night.

I think we should make it to the top on saturday.. The weekend after might be a different story. Current models are saying feet of snow will be falling this next week.

Pretty much guaranteed that the 19th will be nothing like the 12th.

sweet!

Things looking good! We should have a nice covering Saturday morning!

THE SNOW LEVEL WILL FALL FROM NORTH TO SOUTH DURING THE DAY ON
FRIDAY...FROM 4000 FEET OR HIGHER IN THE MORNING TO 3000 FEET IN THE
AFTERNOON AND TO LESS THAN 2000 FEET OVERNIGHT. MOST OF THE
PRECIPITATION WILL FALL DURING THE DAY ON FRIDAY AND THEN DIMINISH
RAPIDLY OVERNIGHT. AT LEAST SOME OF THIS WILL BE SNOW OR A MIX AND
THIS WILL OCCUR AT THE PASS LEVELS...AT LEAST BY AFTERNOON. AMOUNTS
WILL LIKELY BE IN THE ADVISORY CATEGORY...SIX TO ELEVEN INCHES IN
TWELVE HOURS...SO WILL PROBABLY ISSUE A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY THIS
AFTERNOON FOR TOMORROW AS WELL.

ANOTHER SYSTEM ARRIVES SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR MORE LOWLAND RAIN AND
MOUNTAIN SNOW. THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A LONG PERIOD OF COOL AND
MOIST NORTHWESTERLY FLOW ALOFT...WHICH WILL GIVE BELOW NORMAL
TEMPERATURES AND GENERALLY WET CONDITIONS...WITH PLENTY OF SNOW IN
THE MOUNTAINS. HIGH TEMPERATURES FRIDAY WILL BE AROUND 50 AND ON
SATURDAY THEY WILL PROBABLY NOT EVEN GET TO 50. BURKE

MOUNTAIN SNOW.

So yah we need to get up there early so we don't get snowed out. It looks like the system coming in could be quite a doozy if we end up there later.

MOUNTAIN SNOW.

So yah we need to get up there early so we don't get snowed out. It looks like the system coming in could be quite a doozy if we end up there later.

:corn::corn::corn::corn:

If these buggers work, Nate and I should be able to put warm food in everyone at our lunch stop.

and here I'm thinking Wineres.. because buggers are much better :haha: :haha:

hmm I guess I need to find some foodage as well. Debating on a BBQ or just use my engine warmer... if my tranny could heat up food I'd put it there, she'll get hot enough!