• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th of July?

japerry

This year the 4th is on a friday -- 3 day weekend! I'm wondering if anyone has plans yet for a campout? stealthrunner, Mark M, toybug, crash, etc?

I'm thinking Naches, Manastash, somewhere east would be fun. It'd be even better if there was a place where we could at least SAFELY (if not legally) fire off fireworks.. which Reiter seems like not a great place for that.

OH hell no, dont be doing fireworks in the woods jesus christ how stupid can someone get. Its bad enough the rep we get when some yahoo decides to go tear **** up we sure as hell dont need to be burning the forest down too. There is NO safe place up there to do fireworks so please dont:booo:

all that said we will be over in that area prerunning for the jamboree:cheer:

OH hell no, dont be doing fireworks in the woods jesus christ how stupid can someone get. Its bad enough the rep we get when some yahoo decides to go tear **** up we sure as hell dont need to be burning the forest down too. There is NO safe place up there to do fireworks so please dont:booo:

all that said we will be over in that area prerunning for the jamboree:cheer:

Like I said - SAFELY -- and if there is no SAFE spot (IE burn the woods down, destroy people's property, etc) then thats fine. It'd be cool if there was some nice trails with a good open gravel parking lot away from trees -- thats sorta what I was thinking.

But heh wheelin' then boozin' (not together of course) is the most important part! ;-)

Like I said - SAFELY -- and if there is no SAFE spot (IE burn the woods down, destroy people's property, etc) then thats fine. It'd be cool if there was some nice trails with a good open gravel parking lot away from trees -- thats sorta what I was thinking.

But heh wheelin' then boozin' (not together of course) is the most important part! ;-)

The way the wind blows over there there is no safe place unless its pouring down rain and even then I wouldnt. all it takes is one small accident and poof.

I think fireworks are illegal on Forest Service land?? Not sure.

Jim,
I will be at Jim Sprick park on the 4th thru the end of the Jamboree. Coming early to help get packets ready. Are you staying there too?

I think fireworks are illegal on Forest Service land?? Not sure.

Jim,
I will be at Jim Sprick park on the 4th thru the end of the Jamboree. Coming early to help get packets ready. Are you staying there too?

yep we will be there on the 5th and fireworks are illegal of FS land.

If you are on the Buck Meadows side of Manastash a really good place to watch 4th of July fireworks is at the Frost Mountain Lookout. The 4wd trail ends there. I don't remember the trail #.

Jim and Rick I'll be at the park on the 4th. See ya then!

Jim or Merrick,
Some of the RRR's will be there a day or two early--Will you guys need a hand?

Jim or Merrick,
Some of the RRR's will be there a day or two early--Will you guys need a hand?

Every trail the Jamboree runs needs to be prerun. These preruns qualify as workparty's for the FS. I'm sure folks will be heading out on these preruns everyday. Extra help is welcome. See ya there.

Great!!! Sounds like at least three of us will be there on Mon, and a couple more on Tue;See ya there!!!!:cheer:

Last edited:
oh man I should just take the week off! the weekend before there is a massive trail ride going in up in canada: whipsaw... but its more of an intermediate trail than anything really harsh. It'd be fun to go straight from that to this!

and as far as fireworks is concerned, blah it'd be cool to watch some but its more fun to wheel and eat good food! =D

Set in stone. :cheer: We'll be there for 5 days or so. And we hope to have some damn Canadians there as well. :awesomework:

Hey you guys got room for one more truck and like 2 more people???? I'll have my truck done by then:awesomework: