• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4x4 Cruise In,, 10/12 Benefits Yacolt Burn Trail Project

hootie

Hey everyone,,

A 4x4 Cruise-In is planned for Sunday Oct 12, 08. at Woody's 4x4, Vancouver.

Proceeds will benefit the new 4x4 trail system being developed in the Yacolt Burn. (Yacolt Burn is a Nationa Forest east of Vancouver and north of Camas/Washougal WA, in SW Washington)

We are getting a 4x4 trail system ( after much hard work on many peoples parts,, thanks you all ! ) It will be similar to Browns Camp and Naches with camping, restrooms, trails for all user groups, signage, and security. The government will be spending millions on this project and we need to show them that there is a large group of us 4 wheelers who need recreation areas.

Tell your friends that we all need to attend this event. The Dept of Nat Resources will be attending this event and will have information about the project for us see and comment on.

Thanks Everyone,, Dave. flyer below.

WoodysCruise-InFlyer.jpg

Yacolt Burn Trail System Work Party 9/27/08

Here is the flyer for an event we ALREADY DID. It was a great success.. We had 75 volunteer up there.. We impressed the DNR. Things are headed the right way.. Be a part of this project.. stay informed and involved in the Yacolt Burn Trail Project.

PickuptheBurnFlyer08.jpg

Last edited:
The Cruise In has a class for rock buggies. 10 classes of trophies.

Main Thing is the publicity and the fact that it's proceeds are going toward new motorized trails in the Yacolt Burn. Thanks to all that can attend.

Post up if you are planning one or both of the events. Would be great to know how many people are comming. Thanks again,, Dave.

I grew up in the "couv" It's good to see that there will be a legit place to wheel in southwest Washington. Good work guys! Maybe I'll have to come help out!

Who Is Coming to the Cruise In ??

Getting close to Sunday Oct 12...

Who is planning on attending this event?

Just a recap.. This is a 4x4 Cruise In. bring what you wheel. clean or dirty.
We just want to see a bunch of rigs of all types.

This event benefits the Yacolt Burn trail project. An area just east of Vancouver. Currently SW Wash has no Legal 4x4 trails. This is about to change. The Fed Gov has mandated that the forest be opened up to the public. The plans on just how this will be done and what will be allowed where is being done all over the state. The Yacolt Burn is ahead of that statewide plan.. We expect to have approval for 4x4 trails that could be opening as soon as this spring. The DNR will be at this cruise in. They will have information about the project as well as a survey for us to complete that asks what we want to see up there. We are hoping for an area similar to Browns Camp. The DNR went up there with us and loved it. We have a decent chance to start something like Browns Camp here in SW Wa.

We need a good turnout at this event for two reasons... One it will let the DNR know how many of us there are.. The more need the more they will have to plan for us.. Second,,, this is a fund raiser to help in our work and negotiations with the state and fed government.

Will be a fun day for you all. I will be the DJ.. so it will be rockin. Several catagories of trophies will be awarded. The RTI ramp will be there. We have a few fun games planned to keep everyone entertained.. and the event includes LUNCH.. and cheese wiz.. ( gotta be there ). :)

So.. be at Woody's 4x4.. Sunday Oct 12. 9 AM. you can trailer your rig.. we have room for tow rigs.. Thanks everyone..

Post up if you are planning to attend.. would be good to see a good turnout from our site at the event. Dave.

IT is very close to Sunday the 12th.. (friday now).

Hope to see alot of NW-Wheelers at this event. Make sure you come up and say hi to me.. I am Dave. I will be the DJ at the event. I will make all NW-Wheelers feel at home and introduce you around.

See You all on Sunday !! Dave.

It was a good turnout and nice meeting you Dave and Tracy. I am excited to see the DNR's enthusiasm for getting some trails opened up/sanctioned down here

So, is there a more in depth write up anywhere? I ended up stuck at work on Sunday and couldn't make it down.

Thanks From Pistons Wild Motorsports

Took me a few days to recoup from a late saturday and a long sunday. but,, here it goes..

On behalf of the Pistons Wild Motorsports Club,,, A BIG THANK YOU !!

Those of you who attended already know that this was a successful event.

We had a perfect size turnout. Everyone's attendance was greatly appreciated. We hope you had as good of a time as a participant as we did as the host club.

There are so many highlights to the day that I will not be able to type it all here..

One i heard of but didn't see,, a 5 yr old boy in the little truck race.. he picked up a yellow hummer.. Crystal of PWM commented to the boy "oh,, you got the hummer ! " he emediately dropped the hummer and went back to the box of trucks and picked a ford. very funny.

Another highlight was Buzzer of PoorboyOffroad.com. He won the wizz off.
( a cheese wizz eating contest ) after winning,, he was still trying to suck more cheese wiz out of the can as he held up his trophy... and after getting the trophy he popped the lid off the can on the trophy and was disappointed that the trophy can was empty.. he has also changed his screen name on poorboy from Buzzer to Wizzer..

We also had a very financially successful day. Raised a good amount of money that can be used for renting equipment,, buying supplies,, and other trail making and maintaining costs.

DNR was impressed and Jessica of the DNR seemed to have a great time.

We have put the cruise in on our list of next years activities and plan to do a repeat.. will be hard to beat this one..

I was the DJ and did not take any pictures.. so feel free to post up your pictures of the cruise in.

I will keep you all posted of Pistons Wild events and Yacolt Burn Trail updates as they come..

Say Hi to CAMMO Girl.. ( the cute little girl in cammo pants ) and winner of the trike race (beating a bunch of boys ) and winner of a million door prizes..

DJ Dave. hootie,, pistons wild motorsports club.

Latest posts