• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 or 6.0

smbroady82 said:
I figured I would bump this back up, the motor is getting pretty close to being complete. I did go with a 6.0 if anyone was wondering. (probably closer to a 6.1 actually now lol)

Since I started this thread I've got to drive 3 buggies with big boy (to me) motors ( from the 450+ - 550hp) range. Pretty happy with my decision thumb.gif.

I will let Patrick elaborate on all of the goodies as some of it is Chinese to me. 450 should be a conservative estimate on the hp, but we are both hoping for a little more. I will make sure to actually dyno it once it is time, I know there's enough (500hp 6.0s on here with a cam and tune lol)

it'll be easy to make good hp. mine is a legit 500+hp (heads, cam, headers, tune). you'll love your decision. :dblthumb:

1tfrot said:
it'll be easy to make good hp. mine is a legit 500+hp (heads, cam, headers, tune). you'll love your decision. :dblthumb:

Broady's motor is a .030 over (6.1) lq9. Block decked, heads cut, crank polished, h bearings, Howard's camshaft, heads Have a good race quality valve job, with 31lb injectors and polished billet fuel rails. Machine work is better than your standard automotive machine shop as well. Ring seal is key.

pholmann said:
Broady's motor is a .030 over (6.1) lq9. Block decked, heads cut, crank polished, h bearings, Howard's camshaft, heads Have a good race quality valve job, with 31lb injectors and polished billet fuel rails. Machine work is better than your standard automotive machine shop as well. Ring seal is key.

Brodirt is going to **** his pants with that motor.

pholmann said:

nice! :smoke: seriously thinking about a trip to Indiana musclecar this winter for a stroker kit for mine. I'm concerned how well the th350 will hold up after that

1tfrot said:
nice! :smoke: seriously thinking about a trip to Indiana musclecar this winter for a stroker kit for mine. I'm concerned how well the th350 will hold up after that
Probably be good as long as you arent doing nuetral drops at 6k and have a good cooler. I was told from a very knowledgable person who is a go to guy in the Southeast.

kmcminn said:
Brodirt is going to **** his pants with that motor.

He drove mine around a couple minutes last weekend. He wouldn't beat on it though. Respecting other **** and all. *****...lol

kmcminn said:
Probably be good as long as you arent doing nuetral drops at 6k and have a good cooler. I was told from a very knowledgable person who is a go to guy in the Southeast.

definitely don't do neutral drops, have a good cooler and adding another just in case. thanks. if you mind me asking, can I get the name of that person? I'd like to know who to send my th350 to when I need it rebuilt. it has a sprag upgrade and red clutches already, but not sure if anything else is needed.

1tfrot said:
definitely don't do neutral drops, have a good cooler and adding another just in case. thanks. if you mind me asking, can I get the name of that person? I'd like to know who to send my th350 to when I need it rebuilt. it has a sprag upgrade and red clutches already, but not sure if anything else is needed.

Billy Landers

Latest posts