• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

555 already in Cali

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
DSCN4037.jpg

from teh ttc thread. I did a double take, then tried to figure out what run that was from, then scrolled down, then it hit me it was in cali and guy already had it out and about. laughing1

Matt O. said:
It finally sold? Congrats Wyatt! What is next?
yep went to Cali

Whats next?
The million dollar question that I wish I knew the answer too.
Bonneville with dad, I will be licensed to drive over 250mph on the salt in August. We will set two records in our engine classes, but will it get us in the "Red Hat" 200mph club I dont know. Thats the huge goal, get the Red Hat. With my motor I need to go 256 to get in the club, I dont think I have enough motor for it at 750hp. Dad only has to go I think 236 or 232 to get in the club but he's throwing almost 500hp more at it which on the calcs says the car will go close to 300 if not break out. I will be the one shaking the car down over 250 with dads motor but have to layup and let him make the record setting two runs with the car.

Then finish a hotrod I've been needing to get around to.
As for offroad, I dont rec wheel, I just dont live near anywhere to do that ****, so racing it is. I've been talking to a builder about a roller, but I'm not married to that gameplan. Part of me wants to stay 4400 style, but the other part wants to buy a shaken down couple year old Class1 car to race this Texas series TORR. All the races are fairly close to me so thats good bang for the buck and time wise etc. Or maybe just team up with somebody and spend dough for right & left seat time racing someone elses car.

I do love the 4400 stuff, but theres just too much of it for me. I'd be cool with up to say 3-4 events a year, but now there is IEEC, Grand Slam, and all of these one offs everywhere, plus BITD races, etc. They are all over the map IMO.

If you want to stay in the Ultra 4 racing just run the IEC. Only 3 events and you will get tons of seat time in each one. Rausch, KOH and SMORR. I am going to focus on just that next year, becuase I have wheeled everywhere around these parts and then some and it is just getting old. I still feel like I have something left to prove after KOH 09 and I want to see how competive we can be.

If you don't already have an Ultra4 I see no reason to play in that class. It takes a TON of money to make one competitive and just barely fast compared to other rigs out there.

I would get one of those cheaper buggies or a used class 1 and rock out.

Texas series like a lot of fun. If I had the $$ I would desert race.

All that said, great things are happening in the Ultra 4 world with the private parks.......

Glad to see the sale and glad it's getting used out west. I enjoyed helping out what little I did the XRRA/KOH year.

Anyone that has this race bug ever think about just going back to rec wheeling with a capable, safe, yet not point and shoot rig? Just curious no hate. I know Wyatt has little in his area, I have even less.

Bones said:
Glad to see the sale and glad it's getting used out west. I enjoyed helping out what little I did the XRRA/KOH year.

Anyone that has this race bug ever think about just going back to rec wheeling with a capable, safe, yet not point and shoot rig? Just curious no hate. I know Wyatt has little in his area, I have even less.

Yeah I thought about that a lot, a nice jeep or buggy built around a jeep tub. Something with some room and a small back seat. If I am still into this when my son is old enough to ride that is what I will do. I would like something that is streetable also so we can cruise around some on nice days.

I can see that. I've been thinking for a few years about "borrowing" my mom's '77 CJ-7 stock 'cept an sbc, and making it a clean street light trail dutty rig. Something along the lines of the Bronco, that Nolen has.

News:
Bonneville Pre-registered list is out. So we're in the program.
I'm 5553, and Dad is 5554. Same car different motors and fuels.

Vehicle Engine Body EntryName City State
5553 AA GRMR TRIPLE NICKEL RACING HOUSTON TX
5554 F BFRMR TRIPLE NICKEL RACING HOUSTON TX

I guess there is really no place to practice or run a 200mph car until you get out there huh? It would kinda suck not to try and shake bugs out prior to making that trip.

They dont let you show up as rookies with a new car and cut you loose on the long course. :driving:

You have to go through licensing. So you have to make short course or licensing course passes up to 200 without breaking out before moving over to the long course.
Class E 100-124 (gimme if you have a lavid Drivers License)
Class D 125-149
Class C 150-174
Class B 175-199
Class A 200-249

Oh yeah ok,
AA/GRMR (Engine class greater than 500ci/Gas Rearengine Modified Roadster)
F/BFRMR (Engine Class 135-180ci/Blown Fuel Rearengine Modified Roadster)

Dads motor is stupid. We would wreck that motor trying to license with it. 1st the pushtruck pushes it up to around 60mph before it can pull away. So the thought was push it, over shoot the mph/shut down and coast through the gates and hope that is under the not breaking out threshhold. Vs. lugging the motor at 6-7k rpms the whole course. And allowing it to load up with fuel, fouling plugs etc.
So we are heading out there with our licensing motor which will set a record in AA/GRMR but is only 750hp so on paper doesnt look to have enough to "Red Hat" in (soft record). But we wont destroy dads 1200hp motor and we can shake the car down all the way up to 250mph, all get our licenses, and then do the motor/trans/rearend/fuel system swap. then I can tweak and take him out next year, LOL

Now heres the strategy. Drivers are myself, dad, and dads buddy Tom. So we expect to do the swap on Tuesday after/night of Speedweek. That will allow Tom and Myself to go out and set back to back soft records above 236mph in dads setup. Then on Friday (20th). Dad will drive and look to set a hard record way up in the high 200's.

Matt there are a few places around the country to get some shakedowns in. Texas Mile (Goliad, TX down the coast 200miles from us), Maxton Mile (Maxton, NC), El Mirage (Barstow, CA)

I don't understand all the lingo involved, reads like another language with all the records and classes. HA :flipoff1:

When you say record...are you saying he will set a new land speed record? Or is that for his class or motor size?

Matt O. said:
Yeah I thought about that a lot, a nice jeep or buggy built around a jeep tub. Something with some room and a small back seat. If I am still into this when my son is old enough to ride that is what I will do. I would like something that is streetable also so we can cruise around some on nice days.
This is exactly why I am building the jeep I am. Have a back seat for the kids, street legal, have a top and heater for when it rains or snows and still have alot of suspension and a decent motor to run fast and hit some hard trails. But then again im wanting to 2 buggy to race ::)

wngrog said:
When you say record...are you saying he will set a new land speed record? Or is that for his class or motor size?
record for class, just like anything. It would take millions (exaggerated) to set an overall fastest record, but what's that in, a jet on wheels? Piston driven live axle cars are prob next, all the way down to door slammers and bikes. Then you have engine classes, and many distinctions there.
He's hoping for a speed record in his class with the motor size he has, which is really really small for 12,000 rpm and 1200 hp :eek:

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Here it is:

:flipoff1:

:dunno: dunno where it went :dunno:

Nolen- Its a record for its class. Which we are running two seperate engine classes this year (AA & F).
The AA/GRMR record is 256mph, but the threshhold for entry into the "200mph Club" in that class is currently 265mph.
The F/BFRMR record is open, but the threshhold for entry into the "200mph Club" in that class is currently 232 or 236mph
In AA, I think it will be a tall order to set a new record there, but the math says its possible. But 265mph for Red Hat is just ou of our reach in AA.
In F, we will set a record there, its open. as long as we make two passes with a two way average over 232/236mph that driver will also be inducted into the "200mph Club" AKA: Red Hat. Now the math on the F motor says we can break 300mph with some on tap. Thats super optimistic. I will be happy with anything over 250 in either class. Not sure at what point dad will be happy.

Quick facts about the car/engines for this year
AA is 529ci Cadillac
F is 166ci Foyt Four Cam "Coyote"

AA is on Gasoline (Fuel Class = G for gas)
F is on Methanol (Fuel Class = F for fuel)

AA is naturally aspirated (no intake designation)
F is Turbocharged (designated as B for blown

AA produced 760+ hp on the engine stand for tuning at 5500rpm
F produced 1200+hp on the tuning/break-in dyno at 12,000rpm

The car is a 2010 Spitzer 190" Top Alcohol Chassis with the bottom rail replaced with retangular tubing to stiffen the chassis.
www.gospitzer.com

I'm pretty sure its earned the nickname "The Tractor" cause of all the farm/barn hack bullshit that my dad has somehow found a way to get on it. God Bless him, its just in his blood.

Can you wait to cash this check I have for you until after Bonneville?

Just sayin'.......

InDaShop said:
Matt there are a few places around the country to get some shakedowns in. Texas Mile (Goliad, TX down the coast 200miles from us), Maxton Mile (Maxton, NC), El Mirage (Barstow, CA)

What?!? Did Rankin Road finally get shut down? There used to be 200 mph cars there every friday and saturday night! molaugh molaugh

This sounds like an absolute ball! Going to the salt and just spectating is on my bucket list.