• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.5" lift kit

rooneypower

So im planning on doing a 6.5" lift on my Jeep XJ..
Should i go with the skyjacker lift or with a rough country lift.

What is the difference between the 2 and which would you reccomend for me.
What are the bad things about both of the lift kits.. What are the good things
Is there any other lift kits that are better and/or cheaper.

Thanks for the help.

Thats what im sayin. i really dont know wut i want. I know i want 6 of 6.5" lift. (for a good price) Fill me in on the other lifts. What is your favirote. I kinda wanna see what people have to say about the other lifts.

I was snopin around the rusty's website and i came upon that same thing. They say they start to sag easily.
Rusty's says thats because " Over 2 years ago the 4.5" and the 6.5" leaf packs had 5 leafs , plus I was using the same spring rate as the 3.5", They rode very good and flexed great. The problem arose when someone would add a bumper and tire carrier, roof rack, tool boxes and spare parts. They would add more parts than a 1/2 ton truck would hold up. The XJ is rated for less than a 1/4 ton, but they would put this gear and the springs would drop in height. Springs are rated by pounds needed to compress the spring. Our spring at that time where about 150 pounds , so for every 200 to 250 pounds in would come down an inch. Nothing wrong with that unless you are carring a big load, most of the customers loved them for the ride and flex and that is how I designed them. Now Oct. of '02 we changed to a 6 leaf spring and have put the spring rate to just uder 200 lbs. Still the softest in the industry but will hold up the weight of tire carriers and gear. In the year of '04 I have not had to warranty a single leaf spring or coils spring. As for comparion, our springs are manufactured by the same company that makes Rancho, Fabtech & Rubicon Express' springs. The spring that we offer now is the best of both worlds. Some people that dont carry a load and want the softer ride will even pull the bottom 6th leaf out because they dont need the load capasity. The springs as well as all of Rusty's Off Road products carry a full Limited Lifetime warranty, which means that with a leaf spring; if it droops or breaks we replace, as long as it hasn't been in an accident or such."

now to me that sounds quite good. Dont you want a soft suspension for off roading?

Another no for Rusty's! I had a 6.5" lift on my ZJ. I was NOT happy with it, if I did it again, I'd go with Rubicon.

And the cheap lifts, rough country/tough country. They are cheap for a reason.

search at NAXJA.org. i had a rustys trackbar and after one season of MILD wheeling it started to crack. rustys customer service SUCKS to say the lease. leafs and coils WILL sage. check out TNT and Clayton also. Rubicon Express makes excellent products. on my XJ i have RE lift components with Claytons long arms.

Rough country are exactly that ROUGH. with the height you want to go to you got to think about axles and slip yoke eliminator. to do it right expect to pay $$$