• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 Powerstroke DEF delete

Nolan6415

Recently bought a 2011 F-250 and want to delete the exhaust filter and egr system. Was wondering if any of y'all have had experience with this? Which programmer did you use and how do you like it? Any info will be great. Thanks

Used to use a sct tuner and who ever was least expensive on the egr delete parts. Think the only option for exhaust is flow pro.

I used the H&S and really like it. I pretty much done it for the fuel milage so it stays on one setting all the time. Matt on here is a Ford man and can fix you up. I'm sure he will post up when he see the thread. It also deletes the egr you just unplug it but you can also put a kit too.

I normally recommend the H&S but they are getting pretty pricy! You can use an SCT to do the delete tuning for around $1000, the H&S is $1500 and the mini max H&S is $1900. The exhaust is hands down Flo~Pro for the fit and finish.
thumb.gif

Matt, when using the SCT to tune what are you guys using for gauges? I'm use to a 6.0 so there was a ton of stuff to monitor and I used a Edge CTS, but is there much to monitor other than basic EGT, tranny, and a mechanical boost gauge on the 6.7? I will be deleting my '12 within the next few weeks.

I've got a 2012 6.7 with the H&S minimaxx and a Sinister Diesel 4" stainless turbo back exhaust. I'm happy with both products.

Dirty_Stroke said:
Matt, when using the SCT to tune what are you guys using for gauges? I'm use to a 6.0 so there was a ton of stuff to monitor and I used a Edge CTS, but is there much to monitor other than basic EGT, tranny, and a mechanical boost gauge on the 6.7? I will be deleting my '12 within the next few weeks.

I would recommend the Edge gauges as well. I really like it on the 7.3 and 6.0 stuff, to be honest though, not sure what all it does on the 6.7. You could also do the SCT Livewire with the competition tunes and just get a pyrometer an have all the gauges, tunes in one.

How much did it help your mileage? And was the H&S pretty straight forward and fairly simple to install? Did y'all install everything yourself?

The H&S is beyond easy to install. I put the complete exhaust and H&S on in about 4ish hours on a Saturday. I will say the factory exhaust is rather heavy so you will need help dragging it out of the truck.

does the delete get rid of the exhaust sensors that shut the truck down when they go bad ? The only issues I have had with my 6.7 in 90k miles is the egt sensors and its a bitch since it completely shuts the truck down.

GIZMO1 said:
does the delete get rid of the exhaust censors that shut the truck down when they go bad ? The only issues I have had with my 6.7 in 90k miles is the egt censors and its a bitch since it completely shuts the truck down.

Yes it does

Matt, does the H&S have an option to disable traction control without having to hit the button every time you start the truck?? I bought a used Black Maxx from a guy and tuned my truck but don't see all the extra options like it showed on my 2010 Cummins. Or do I have to buy the MCC unlock to get those options?