• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6 Volt Model "T" Horn

XtrmTJ

I just picked up an old Model "T" horn. It is Six (6) Volt. How do I install it onto a 12 volt system ? Please explain it like you are talking to a six year old (lol) TIA ! :beer:

Get an adjustable voltage regulator from Radio shack. Or ask them what they have. Have you tried it on 12 volts?? Might be REALLY loud. :redneck:

Back in the fifties when 12 volt cars were becoming more common, but a lot of accessories were 6 volt, they sold ceramic resistors which stepped things down to 6 volts. I doubt that you would be able to find one now, though.

Back in the fifties when 12 volt cars were becoming more common, but a lot of accessories were 6 volt, they sold ceramic resistors which stepped things down to 6 volts. I doubt that you would be able to find one now, though.

Napa has 'em (might have to order, but they have 'em)...My buddy Goerge just reduced the voltage to his dash on his '40 Olds project...Pretty inexpensive too! Anyone halfway decent with older stuff will know what your after....

TY ! I just ordered one. You wouldnt happen to know or have a swag at the amps of this old horn ? Think it would be more then 4 amps ? TIA ! :beer:

whats wrong with 6 volt? :redneck:

Nothing, as long as you reduce the voltage going to the device...I have also seen hotrodders reduce the voltage to around 8V (charging output of a 6V system) with no issues...