• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

60's???????

I think you should start with tire size and rig weight. A 8500lb chevy with a 800hp big block and 49 inch iroks wouldnt be too smart.

I want 60's bad so believe me I've tried to find a cheap way and there isn't one.

To properly build a good steering D60, with gears shafts lockers knuckles spindle boring hubs steering bearings etc and ready to go in your rig is like 5-8k. I'm sure it could be done cheaper if you find junkyard this or that, but then you've got junk.

Rear is cheaper but 60's are still on the pricey side of the axle world.

Just order some completed pro-rocks and slap them under your rig best thing you could do! Then you are done and you can go wheel.

It's only money I hear they just print more :hi:

Just order some completed pro-rocks and slap them under your rig best thing you could do! Then you are done and you can go wheel.

It's only money I hear they just print more :hi:

Printing became too much work, now days they just add a few extra zero

Just to throw this concept out there...

Stock 60s are still as strong or stronger than many lessor "built" axles. So why not just get them, run them, and upgrade later as the money becomes more available.

Gonna be better than throwing away money on toys or 44s if you're wanting 1 tons eventually anyways.

I don't buy the $5k-$8k thing....

a front 60 CAN be done on the cheap (-ish)

and "using junkyard parts means you have junk".....really?

I started w/ a $75 bare housing that had a cracked/bent housing....and built from there...

granted....my junk IS junk....but my front end didn't cost $8k...

I do drive like a little girl though. :cheer:

You don't HAVE to buy bling shafts, joints, 35 spline stubs, aftermarket knuckles, etc to run a 60 and have good strength over a 44 or toy axle. A kingpin 60 in stock form with a locker is a pretty stout axle no matter which way you slice it. Now if you're going to run huge tires and do lots of "muscle truckin'", you might want to do these upgrades right off the bat... but even a stock 60 will hold up to some abuse. :awesomework:

I ran my 60's in stock form welded rear detroit in front with 44" boggers untill they broke then upgraded after the canage that ensued

Latest posts