• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

63" Chevy springs?

Cherokee Johnny

Rockmart, GA.
Im going to change my "front" springs on my buggie. The 63" Chevy springs that everyone are using, are they off the front or the rear of a Chevy, and are they 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton? Thanks, Johnny

Re: Re: 63" Chevy springs?

Put that factory rear leafs in the front and the chevy leafs in the rear. I'm assuming we are talking Toyota stuff.

Its a Cherokee with three linked back-halfed rearand coils in front with Dana 44'sin both. I know the coils flex better but I want leafs in the front for what I do with it. Would Toyota springs do better?

Re: Re: 63" Chevy springs?

Not sure what to do on a Cherokee. On a toyota u put the factory rear leafs in the front and chevy 63 in the rear to run 37 to 40" tires depending on how much u cut on the body. Maybe some of the hardcore Cherokee guys will chime in at some point. Sorry for being no help at all.

sounds like your wanting flex XJs will flex like crazy stock just disconnect the sway bar just adapt your axle brakets to work on the 44. Check out the XJ build in the tec and fab section

Thanks guys, Im gona do some measuring to see what I can use. It is a Cherokee but there's not much of the oringinal stuff left except half the body and the engine.

Latest posts