• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6cyl radiator

sigman

I have a 86 4Runner with a 22re and an auto trans. I am wondering if a 6 cyl radiator will fit in my truck? Anybody know?

They are a little taller. I tried to get one to fit my project, but I didn't want to re-drill holes and modify anything! I want everything to be direct bolt in! What will be a perfect fit would be the turbo radiator! Same exact size as the 4 cyl, but a three core! Just plug off the extra line at the top of the radiator!

I got the Ready Rad brand for now. I got it at my local carquest, but I see shcmucks sells the same radiator in the local ad! If your interested I got part numbers!

Larger rad #43-2041 $134.74
smaller rad #43-3198 $103.98

The larger radiator was 1 7/8" taller in the stock mounting holes. Re-drill and should be ok!

The stock option of Ashleys 87 was a three row with a 22RE. My trucks stock one was a 2 row, but with the Heavy Duty version being a three row, although with a different part number than her three row, haha.

They all have the same core sizes though, and inlet/outlet sizes. I just think its because of the shape of the outlets for the 22RE vs the 22R.

I think Im just gonna order the same three row that we got for her 4Runner and use that. I dont see why it wouldnt fit.

~T.J.

EDIT: Havent gotten a chance to really look at the one in my V6 4Runner yet, Ive only had it a short time and Ive been away from it the whole time.