• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

72" wide width restriction at Evans Creek?

The real questions are:
  1. What restrictions will he place on the trails, once they are brought back to the standard they were created?

2. What is the PNW4WDA stance on restrictions at Evan's Creek...width, length, seasonal closures, etc?
:hi:

At this point the region has only made a decission on the seasonal clousers. We are researching trying to get this overturned. working with the local vendors and all impacted users as well as with the FS.

We have discussed in the past length restrictions (elbe fiasco) but not applied to Evans creek. (We voted no on Elbe)

At this point the region has only made a decission on the seasonal clousers. We are researching trying to get this overturned. working with the local vendors and all impacted users as well as with the FS.

We have discussed in the past length restrictions (elbe fiasco) but not applied to Evans creek. (We voted no on Elbe)

Im not concerned about length.

I want to know the PNWs position on WIDTH and how they intend to support their position?

Dont have one yet. I will let you know what the region decides after our next meeting. I will say that this is coming from the FS though. Quite honestly they are tired of spending so much time and money having to repair and maintain trails that are being abused to death. The trails were designed to be used by a certain type and size of vehicle and while the terrain hasnt changed the rigs have. Its going to be a long process but certainly one thats going to have to be addressed. This is going to be a issue forest wide as I have heard similar issues in the outher forests.

Just on another note. I was up at Evans yesterday and took a walk through the campground and was totaly discusted by whay our fellow users have been up to this past winter. There are only a couple of picnic tables left in the entire campground. They have all been cut up for firewood (cost about a grand a pop) There was trash everywhere. I cleaned up 6 piles of HUMAN **** and two of those were between the two outhouses on top. I mean really now WTF. Who are these fawking retards that are doing this crap to OUR (yours and mine) park ? We have spent years building a nice facility for people to use and some of our own users are tearing the place to shreds when nobodys looking. I was absolutly disgusseted by the time I left.

I totally agree. I was up there a few weeks ago an was disqusted by what I saw.:mad: Garbage everywhere **** in the middle of the trails, this is bull ****. We bitch about running out of places to wheel but if the idiots continue to leave their trash, **** in random places, an dont stay on the trails they will close all them. I pick up an hauled out at least a full garbage bag out of Evens an its sad, how hard is it to throw the **** it the back of your rig or in a bag? I mean come on are you stupid:looser:
as for the ****.... I mean if you got to go you got to go but not in the middle of the ****ing trails or road, grow up you ****ing idiots, I guess they were never taught manners.:eeek:
I dont see them enforcing the width restrictions but it also depends on how much they want to be dicks. But time will tell. The wide restrictions keeps almost all rigs off the trails, even a stock YJ is about 74 in. I really dont see them out with a tape every weekend measuring every rig on the trail.

I hate to say it, but they should charge an entrance fee.

this would keep the dipshits out.

I too am tired of picking up beer cans.

Don't we already pay an entrance fee? I paid for the yearly pass last time up and have been up once since then. Now, I will not be allowed to go up during the winter and early spring and with a mildly moded YJ at 74.5 I will be too wide.

Don't we already pay an entrance fee? I paid for the yearly pass last time up and have been up once since then. Now, I will not be allowed to go up during the winter and early spring and with a mildly moded YJ at 74.5 I will be too wide.

You bought a "park pass" which is a blanket pass that allows you to park at FS parks. Its not directed torwards ORV use and benefits it in no way.

When you buy ORV tags most of that money goes to the ORV Parks. A forest pass goes towards the FS parks from what I believe. Ok so Im confused:eeek: I always thought it was outside tire to outside tire? But Im running full width. So is it hub to hub?:scratchhead:

When you buy ORV tags most of that money goes to the ORV Parks. A forest pass goes towards the FS parks from what I believe. Ok so Im confused:eeek: I always thought it was outside tire to outside tire? But Im running full width. So is it hub to hub?:scratchhead:

Dont worry about your axles. You not a criminal, just go wheeling. :awesomework:

This would be true if the governor of WA wasn't a crook.:;

Northwest Forest pass monies go to maintain the areas that the pass is required. Not all FS areas require the pass so those areas recieve no funds from the sale of the pass's.

Washington ORV funds go to the NOVA funds which the state stole from the user's. Those funds were to be used on many different projects thruout the state. Hiking, Boating and motorized offroad all were affected with the misappropriation of the funds.

Last edited:
As sad as it is we closing our own trails by not resppecting it.
I was up at evans four weeks ago following another group when the guy in front of me chucked a redbull can out the window on 311 down the bank. I promptley retrived the littler and returned it to him and asked him nicley not to littler. He pretty much lost his mind with me and got all bent denying it. Whatever dude!

Half the time I go wheeling its more like a hunt for dipshits, I just wish I was a little meaner and I would bust some heads.

I can see width restrictions start to become a new rule in alot of areas, just because of the damage wide, big tire rigs can cause. I tried to take my Samurai on 33's up kaner flats last year and the holes at the bottom of the hill climbs swallowed my shizzle and I had to find a way around. In my mind I just need to build bigger, but in the minds of those who want to close our trails this is a good reason for it.

I still am conviced though that the littler, disrespect for property, stolen vehicles, and crimes that are committed in the areas are what play the biggest role in the closure of our trails. I say those of us who really care need to be the ones kicking out the fuktards the do this ****, make them realize it is not tolerated by the people who run the trails and care.

I could vent about this all day but I will stop now:awesomework: