• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

760 Vs.CTM/OX/Yukon u-joint

jrgaylor

if you are running the forged alloy 4340 axleshafts on a dana44 is it worrth the money to go with the "super joints" Vs. a 760 joint

depends on tire size, air pressure, gearing, motor, and terrain.

I run 37s, V8, 80-1, and extreme trails with CTMs and warn shafts. So far, so good (5 years).

I'd run Bobby's joints now, but they weren't around then.

My general rule is,
Dana 44 up to 33s - ok
Dana 44s with alloys and good joints, up to 37s - ok
Dana 60 up to 37/38s - ok
Dana 60s with alloys and good joints (35 or 40 spline) up to 44s - ok
Robin's axles (hybrid Mog) up to 53s - ok

I'm running LF superjoints with chromo d44 inner and outers, they are holding up awesome to front dig assaults, my rig is very light (2500 lbs.) on 37" reds and has zero axle snapping power FWIW

In my opinion the new long joints are the best thing out there. No bushing, all business.

damn I must be lucky. I'm still running D30 with 297 joints. Only 1 problem. One of the caps flew off somewhere. But I think that was due to over steering.

I just dont see the need yet, to get the super nice joints when I play in the mud. I dont feel like wasting $100+ on a U-joint. I'll stick with the $18 lifetime replacement joints. And yes I carry spares. with the super joints, you cant really afford to carry to many spares, you know what I mean?

jrgaylor said:
if you are running the forged alloy 4340 axleshafts on a dana44 is it worrth the money to go with the "super joints" Vs. a 760 joint
Yes I think you would like our joints, they are the strongest joints on the market! These joints are aircraft quality billet 300M material.
Ultimate tensile strength is 288000 psi! much stronger than 4340 chromoly.
Our trunion legs are not notched which gives you more contact area and a longer life of the joint.